Harvest day Rhoon (Holland) 2008

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Pascal
True Blue

Harvest day Rhoon (Holland) 2008

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Last saturday I went to the harvestday in a little town called Rhoon. It's next to Rotterdam (the town in Holland with the big harbor).
The harvestday isn't that big in number of tractor's, but there are always some interesting ones. 8)

I saw quite some County's, Fordson's, Fords, a Fowler crawler, a Nuffield, rabbits, owls, horses and a bale-throwing-match.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=H4IODMKG

There were quite some Major's with a 6 cilinder conversion.
Funny to see how people find different solutions for the "problem"of the aluminium sump and the front axle.
-The Fordson with the duals had the triangle turned around, but missed the frame trussing. The owner said, he still had to make one.
- The Fordson with the English flag on the front found a great solution (at least I think): he placed a frame of angle bar in the U-bars and
connected them under the sump and connected the triangle on it.
- The Fordson with the rollbar "aluminium-welded" a little frame for the triangle on the alumimium sump
- and the other Fordson "just" :) had an original cast-iron sump (I wish I had one...has one of you guys a spare?? :help: )

Nice to see this creativity! What solution you like best?

There we also an early SuperDexta/3000 and an early SuperMajor/5000 in a very good state.
And even a nicely restored Ford 5000, which was in the early days delivered by the "house NH-dealer" of Henk. :wink:

Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Great pictures Pascal,

Nice show with a lot of bleu. I think I’ll join you next year. The soil is a bit like ours at Zeeland. Very sticky. I think the Ferg with the three furrow plough will not manage. The ferg in front of it has a bit large front loader on it.
The ring riding on horse back group lives about 10 km away from my place. Over here it’s a serious sport.
The place were they come from has the best riders of them all. A young lad is champion of Zeeland. He’s able to catch a 10 mm ring time after time. I’ve seen him doing that this summer. Normally they ride on a ring of 38 mm. At Arnemuiden the games are held ones a year.
The dealer still exist and the and the owner is a member of our club. He drives a Fordson (of course) N.

See you next wekend.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Nice pictures,

there a lot more blue there then over here in the middle of the netherlands (betuwe) the soil looks a bit heavy ore had it rain a long time :cry: before the harvestday.

I am happy the I own a 4 cylinder major (beside the 6) they become rare as I see all the six cylinder conversions.

I do like the original cast-iron sump the most but the orange wheel and orange grill (is this the original color) :?: one is the solution I think is the second best, I still don't know which color I must paint my own orange wheled major grills.

In my own 6 cylinder (the conversion was made 35 years ago from a super 6 !!!) is nearly the same.

Much regards and may be I see a nice one in Meddo

Frans

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Great pictures Pascal! What kind of tractor was the orange four wheel drive that was ploughing?
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

JC

Post by JC »

Thanks for all those pictures, Pascal. Lots of 6-cyl. Majors, some 4-cyl. ones and even some Counties. There was even a couple of Internationals for Brian :D (OK, maybe not, but I saw a couple of Fergies and a Nuffield)
There were some pretty creative ideas for the wishbone on the 6-cyl. conversions. Aside from the cast sump, I think the one with the wishbone turned around backward will be the strongest when he finishes it. I think the others will crack under hard use. The one toward the end, with the two radius rods wasn't a bad idea, either.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Great pictures Pascal but should you not have been on honeymoon? :D

I have converted a Super Major to a six by reversing and shortening the "wishbone". We did however leave th loader sideframes on that went to the rear axle, for extra strength. She was satill going, last I heard, nearly 30 years later, after ploughing, muck spreading and lots of road work because she was very fast on the road.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys!

@Henk:
The ground was indeed very sticky! After an hour walk, I grew about an inch due to the sticky clay. :roll:
The Ferguson will definately not pull that plough :) It was a Ford-Ferguson petrol with about 25 hp, I think. A little short on the hp's I would say. :D
Although I prefer the "mechanical horses" :D the horses were great to see.

@Frans:
There was quite a lot of blue indeed. And also quite some Fordsons with rare options like raised PTO, Howard reduction box, etc. In my region (Amsterdam) there are some Fordsons, but without the rare options. Also very little County's. :cry:
If you will be at Meddoon Saturday, I will see you, I think/hope.

@Mark:
That was a Fiat 1000DT, I think. Maybe a 1300DT. Quite a smokey tractor. :) The Fiat 640 in front seemed to had little trouble with the 2 furrow plough, although it had quite little hp's.

@JC:
The Nuffield was indeed photographed for Brian. :D
How would you make a frame, if you had the construction with the wishbone turned around? Will an angle bar within the U-bars help enough, you think? Or thicker U-bars?
The Major on the end had a special engine, I think. It didn't seemed likea Ford Trader at least. The owner had quite some modifiactions done on this tractor.

@Brian:
No, the honeymoon is over. :( But we will take a holiday in December, I think.
Do you have another solutions besides a loader frame for strength?
Maybe we can discuss this next Saturday? :roll:
Best regards,
Pascal

JC

Post by JC »

Pascal,
I think that the angle inside the u-channel is a great idea, but I don't like the idea of welding mild steel between the two legs of the cut- off wishbone. Welding steel to cast usually causes cracking, but I don't know what kind of cast the wishbones are made of. If Brian shortened one 30 years ago, and its still working, it must work fine.

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi JC,

Thank you for your explination!
I will ask Brian next Saturday, when I will see hem at Meddo.
Best regards,
Pascal

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello Pascal,

In my 6 cylinder they made also a angle in the U-channel,

they did that 35 years ago, its a roadless and it was working until 3 months ago as I am rebuilt the front axel at this time.

Frans

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hello Frans,

Thank you for the information!

It must be a good solution, as it has 35 years of proof. :D

Could you show (on this website or by email) me some pictures of the angle in the U-channel?
Did Roadless made the frame?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Pascal

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello Pascal,

here is a pic that shows a bit of it, I will make some pics next days now its taken apart, may be I have some more on my pc at work

regards Frans

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Frans,

Thank you for the picture! :clap:
I am looking forward to your other pictures.
Best regards,
Pascal