Calling Ford5000Y

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Calling Ford5000Y

Post by Brian »

Hope you and your family are safe and well after the Typhoon. My son has a friend who lives near Manila and she says they have few problems and the phones and Internet are still OK.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Calling Ford5000Y

Post by ford5000y »

Thanks for the concern, good thing is, we're all ok, our tractor is ok...a bit... and all the fordsons in the area is still there

We're hundreds of kilometers north of manila, if you're looking at google maps, we're in a town called bayambang, in the southern part of the province called Pangasinan. (if you're having difficulties in spelling, I'll show you the etymology of both names. "Bayambang" actually came from the word balambang which is a plant, "Pangasinan" came from panag-asinan which means a place where salt comes from)

One of the last typhoon that gave great damage to our area was typhoon parma (international name) in 2009. The rains caused the dam upstream the river to release large quantities of water that flooded the whole village. Not just the whole village, but the water from the dam also inundated a large part of the whole province. It was also during this typhoon that my grandfather failed to take his ford 4000 to a higher area, so the tractor is flooded. Good thing, though, my grandfather had the tractor completely reconditioned after the flood. Now the tractor that served him well for 40 years is up and running, AGAIN! :D

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

...And to show you that we were fine, I have decided to finally show you a (short-25 seconds)footage of the 1962-ish fordson super major here in our area. In the video, the tractor is heading home from discing a field...here it is...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98655547@N05/10838165786/

It took me a lifetime to make the link work. In fact , I have to activate my flickr account to upload it in there because I cant work it out in photobucket....But at least I have got a video of that fordson... :D
Last edited by ford5000y on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Glad to hear that your family is OK, and that the wind and rain did not wash your Fordsons away. Looks like anyone close to the coast got hit hard. At least you have internet. I see on the news that they need clean water badly in the hardest hit areas. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Dave,

You omitted one word that must be placed in between the words "your" and "fordsons", and, that was, the word "dream"

Contrary to your eyes, the fordson in the video isn't one of those legendary county hi-clearance major, it's, in fact an original spec fordson. It's fenders came from a deutz tractor while the "rather misleading front axle" was, in fact the front axle of a david brown tractor. I don't know why they put those front axles but two out of the four fordson e1a majors in the area got those david brown front axle, that one in the video included.

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Hi there
Just to let you know that my Rotary club of Chelwood Bridge has been busy sending out 500 water survival box and 100 water filtration boxes to the Philippines and are in the process of restocking ready for packing more water Survival Boxes.
Could I ask that if any board members are thinking of donating then please take a look at our club websites and Facebook pages.
Apologies for putting this here but given the situation....

Kind Regards
Jerry
President
The Rotary Club of Chelwood Bridge
http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepa ... lubID=1649 and World Water Works is at http://www.worldwaterworks.org/.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChelwoodBridgeRotary.
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's