Has anyone ever seen this on youtube?

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
ford5000y
True Blue

Has anyone ever seen this on youtube?

Post by ford5000y »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBDP-Zdg7M0

Looks like the operator really knew to do things like this because I have seen his tractor on numerous videos here on youtube and, he would always do that occasionally :D .

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Has anyone ever seen this on youtube?

Post by Brian »

You should try driving a Field Marshall and a trailed plough! :D When you dropped the plough in, the front wheels came up and did not touch the ground until you tripped the plough out at the end of the furrow. :D

It was great fun when I was 11 years old!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Has anyone ever seen this on youtube?

Post by ford5000y »

What he's using in there is a Landini l55 hotbulb tractor (I do love italian tractors but I have never seen one of those in the flesh)
and that landini l55 does 55 horsepower (a bit larger than the np super, I think).

What the operator does is pretty clever, beacuse what I've found out is that he would raise the hydraulics and then adjust the toplink so that the large plough would still remain in the soil even when the hydraulics are raised.

On watching the most recent videos with that particular tractor joining in, what the operator does was that drop the plough, and then when the plough reaches the desired depth (as far as I know 50-60 cm.), he will raise the hydraulics, adjust the toplink, and remain like that until the end of the furrow. :D