Obtaining a V5

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
dave91
Not Quite Blue Yet

Obtaining a V5

Post by dave91 »

Hi all,

I have just bought a Ford 3000 that hasnt been taxed for years. The registration number isnt on the DVLA computer system but I have its original buff log book. Can I obtain its original number as I have the old logbook and if so how do I go about it now all the DVLA local office have closed?

Regards,
dave91

1961 Fordson Super Major Live Drive, 1964 Fordson NP Super Dexta Live Drive,
Ford Force 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, & 7000.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Obtaining a V5

Post by Brian »

Get all your numbers together from the engine, serial number and casting numbers, (see the positioning for numbers and date codes on the Wiki site http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/wiki/ ... eries.html codes "fordsontractorpages" and "dotty" will get you in), send them with as many pictures as you can get to either National Vintage Tractor and Engine Club or Grace Popwell at the Ferguson Tractor Club. They will help you get either your number re-issued or an age related number.

Even if you have the buff log book it does not mean that it will be re-issued. One of mine they did allow me to keep the old number but one they did not even though I had the buff log book.

The application will have to go to the DVLA at Swansea and they may want to come and inspect the tractor, that is why you need to send pictures.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Recommend you phone Grace Popplewell (note spelling!) see her ph here: http://www.blueforce.uk.com/advice---parts.html

She is very efficient and knows how to navigate the infested waters of dvla, who having closed all their offices are in a state of complete chaos.

I started my reg process via Grace in Aug, still waiting... first they sent me a V5C for my 'unlicensed' tractor - there's nothing you can do with it coz it says it's 'unlicensed'.

So sent it to Grace who wrote letter and resubmitted to dvla, requesting 'unlicensed' be changed to 'vintage'.

more waiting... V5C arrived, but there's no number on it. More waiting.... another V5C arrives, this one undated. Sent both V5Cs+ insurance cover note to Grace who resubmitted requesting a valid V5. ....Still waiting.... told there's a 2 month wait as they are busy with all the new car regs.

So go with Grace but be patient....

AND Keep a copy of everything you send...
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Vulgunx
True Blue

Post by Vulgunx »

OK so dont listen to the above^ that will cost you alot more.
So this is what i did to get the exact date of my 1961 fordson dexta
Message new holland asking if they can verify the age of your tractor.
they asked me for the serial number ect (Bellhousing, engine, cant remember what else)
They send me a headed letter signed by a person from new holland verifying the date of my tractor
went to the dvla and that was enough proof to get my logbook and get it taxed ready for the road. :beer:
Owner of a 1961 fordson dexta restyled model :)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Finally got my V5 and tax disc last week after nearly 4 months, with original reg no. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!