post count

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Mark
True Blue

post count

Post by Mark »

Hey Oscar, I posted on the Dexta forum, 4 different days, and it still says 11 posts, what gives? Anybody else notice this?
Brian you never will get to 3000 this way.
Just wondering how this works.
Kind Regards
Mark
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Hey Mark,

It works exactly how you'd expect. Make a post and it adds "1" to the tally. Make another post and it adds another. You can trust that it is accurate. Just use the search function and put in your name in the "author" field and select "Posts". You will get a chronological list of ALL your posts.
And it counts every post; not just the days you posted on, as you queried once before.
You will be happy to know that you are 'scoring' well. Click on the members list link; select "top ten posters" and "descending" and by-jingy you lead the race to become the first True Blue of the modern era! :eyes:

Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Meanderer wrote:You will be happy to know that you are 'scoring' well. Click on the members list link; select "top ten posters" and "descending" and by-jingy you lead the race to become the first True Blue of the modern era!
Indeed! :)

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hey guys,
Thanks Meanderer for clearing that up. I was confused when it changed all posts at the same time, instead of in increments of 1,2,3.
If you will go to my post about my shifter and pto you will see they all say 14, that's why I asked this question. I really don't' care about having the most posts or when or if I get to True Blue, I just thought something may have been wrong with our new board.
Kind Regards
Mark
See ya
Mark

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Hi Mark,
When you view each post, even going right back to say your first post, it will show the Current Number of posts made. It is an updated tally and not a number specific to that individual post. Every BB operates the same way.
Think of it this way; You have a signature at the bottom of each of your posts. If you were to change that, it would change in every post you've made on this current BB. All this type of information is drawn from a database and presented on the page. Change things in the database, (your avitar, location, signature etc.) and that will reflect in all the posts you've made to date.
I hope you took my previous cheeky comments in the light hearted way they were meant.
Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Meanderer,
As you Aussies say, we're still blokes. I'm just not qualified in computers like some of you are, and I have to ask questions. Some may not look like smart questions, but non the less I was just curious how that worked. Not to worry, I don't get upset that easy.
:lol:
Kind Regards
Mark :D
See ya
Mark