Dutch Visit

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
melton01
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dutch Visit

Post by melton01 »

Hi All, I am in the Netherlands at the end of the month and wondered if anyone knows of any good tractor museums etc. to visit near Amsterdam that I can get to by train?

Kind regards,

John - 1964 Dexta

Pascal
True Blue

Re: Dutch Visit

Post by Pascal »

Hi John,

I live really close to Amsterdam, but unfortunately no tractor museums around here. :eyes:
To be honest, I don't really know a big tractor museum in the Netherlands at all?

In Amsterdam there's a nice museum about ships, and in Utrecht (about 25 min by train from Amsterdam Central Station), there's a nice museum
about trains. Interesting for you?

I hope you will enjoy Amsterdam. :beer:
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Go to Museum Plain in Amsterdam, no tractor museums but the Van Gogh Museum, the Diamond Museum and the Reich Museum. Boat trip on the canals is a must and there is a great bar for food opposite the station, close to where you pick up the boat, it has sawdust on the floor but the food is out of this world, be sure to be hungry. :D Also get a tram ticket for all day, that again is a great way to travel about the city.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Any events around Amsterdam for him that period Pascal?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I