Tractors with feelings.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Tractors with feelings.

Post by Brian »

Henrietta is starting to become a bit of a show queen after her appearance at the Royal Norfolk Show and on our stand at Blue Force 1000. She has also fallen in love with Pascal! I have said in another post how she “performed” for the New Holland men and, after we got home, Pascal and I hitched her onto the heavy cultivator and played on a small piece of uncropped land.

She performed perfectly but yesterday morning I took her off the cultivator and put her on the sprayer to put fungicide on the potatoes to prevent blight.

“Where is my adoring public”? “Where is Pascal”? she demanded as I started her. I had to explain that the shows had finished and Pascal had returned to the Netherlands. This caused her to cough and splutter and she really got upset and would not run properly at all.

I gave her a cuddle and stroked her bonnet telling her I too missed Pascal but he would be coming back in the future. This cheered her up and after I drained the tears from the lift pump bowl she cheered up and went on to perform perfectly on the sprayer.

Don’t tell me tractors don’t have feelings!

"Fourses Time", the scene in the harvest field in the 1950's. It was called "Fourses" in Norfolk because the women folk used to bring cold tea and beer along with sandwiches and cakes to the field at four-o-clock

Ahhh I remember it well from my youth! :beer: :clap:

(Please note Henrietta is fly under false colours! Her number plate was too modern for the display so they found another from a 1954 machine. I did not recognise her from a distance when I first saw her!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Tractors with feelings.

Post by oehrick »

Nurse He's out of bed again................
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Pascal
True Blue

Re: Tractors with feelings.

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

So sorry to hear/read that Henrietta was a little upset. :eyes:
I do miss her as well!
It was so nice I had the honour to drive her! A great tractor! :clap:
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.