county super 4

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
tom lad
True Blue

county super 4

Post by tom lad »

don't know if this is one of our members ??

http://youtu.be/1yTcuYcP8Tw

is it really a good plan ?
impressive creeper gear though :clap:
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: county super 4

Post by oehrick »

Are the German off roaders suffering from the ramblers wanting exclusivity over the last 3% of unsurfaced ROW's as well Tom ??

Also envy the creeper gear - nothing like your 'mosses' but we have some soft peaty patches which have swallowed horses and the odd tractor without trace....
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

there are two 125 meter high turbines on rawcliffe moss 2 miles from my farm , went up about 18 month ago .
the first turbine went up ,then the crane used to erect the turbines fell over when there tempary road sank in the moss , on the move between the two pads . :buddies: :beer: :buddies:

the crane was cut up and scrapped.!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

the story is the turbines are still moving a bit , the company say the aren't ? but there on there third owners .
5 more planned on my neighbours farm :curse: :curse: . :shock:
I believe there will be litteraly less the a dozen of the big cranes in Europe :roll: :roll:

respect soft land !

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Those big mobiles used to cost around £1000 per ton capacity before rampant inflation set in, about 10 years back they had what was then the newest and largest in the UK over here to place the new Wroxham - Hoveton footbridge onto its piles, something like £8.5Million IIRC, not a huge load but access was poor hence the need for a monster. I was fortunate enough to watch them rig it, when they came to load the two low loaders of counterweights on the fun started, both metre square plates under the stabiliser jacks just vanished as they took a few tons load on, they had done their research :scratchhead: and a truckload of sleepers were laid & pushed down without effort, they got some big strengthened plates which looked like they might have been for shuttering a road or rail bridge, which were still pretty buried by the time they had finished, I think the sleepers are still down there :D All they had to do was ask a local................

Despite the 20 odd foot of slime, there is at least clay or chalk down there somewhere - are your turbines piled through into something solid or tube piled like the offshore jobs we have around here Tom ?

BTW Hope you could help them out by draining its fuel tanks before they got their gas axes out :run:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

All he did was get that poor nicely restored tractor full of mud. :shock: Not a good idea in my opinion. Could have rolled her right over backward climbing up the bank. And now the drainage ditch is also a mess. Agree that the creeper gear is really nice to have. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

you are right not a good idea, somwhere around here there was a guy thinking that he could drive a county vertical on a wall , just nice to see it 45 degrees, but he missed and fliped upsite down he was luky to get off but the tracktor was upsite down in the workshop, that was a lot of work to get it back on 4 wheels again, no crane could get into the workshop so they had to take it apart an rebuild it. :rulez: think before you do !!!
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

first turbine went up , they drove a few hundred yards to then erect the second one and rolled the crane over , seemed to fall off the inside of a slight bend on there tempory roads ( presumably the roads were designed by the same fool who said the ground will take a 125 m high wind mill )
They had comity meetings to plan for a few MONTHS while all the fluids drained out of the machine which was fully on its side jib buried.
Then had to pay out for contaminated ground. Pollution to the land owner.
Budget was about 2 mill each so 4 mill ish total.
Rumoured to be nearer £10.000.000..now. hence the wind farm is on its 3 rd owners its called orchard end wind farm , google it .

Good clean energy tho.
They spend more time not turning than owt.

They are pilled down to rock about 70 meter . But they keep adding cement to the main footing. every time the wind blows But there not moving. honest. if the wind is strong they are turned off :beer: :beer:
Those wet fields could Bury a quad in the winter.

Only any good if you're lucky enough to be getting paid the rent . Imho
rant nearly over :oops:
I think off shore wind farms is the only way , but I also an against fracking that's happening near me so I'm not happy either way am I :beer:
if a wind farm firm wants to pay me £ 20'000 ish per turbine per year on a 20 year contract then i''l probably change my mind :oops:

I thought the country was gonna roll to dave I couldn't see that bit for my fingers.

All the best sirs grumpy tom