Questions about engines

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
soderman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Questions about engines

Post by soderman »

First of all I have to excuse my bad english, lives in sweden and just have to try my best to get understood.

Now to my problem, have a steelboat with a ford engine. 6 cyl diesel. Its leeking from the oil sump and I have bought another engine to take parts from.
When I checked the marks on the engine in the boat I saw that the top is 2704e, the block is 2703e and my new engine is a 2715e. Does the oilsump fit my enging or is it better for my to replace the old enging with the newer? The newer has more ours.

Many thanks

/Dennis

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Questions about engines

Post by BearCreek Majors »

The 2704 was rated at107hp, the2715 was rated at 102hp, I do believe the 2715 is the newer version. the engines are basically the same in this 2700 series, and I would assume the sumps are interchangeable.

Pat

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I just noticed in my parts manual for the 2715E I have written down 120hp, the hp may depend on where your getting the ifo.....it may also depend on how dyslexic you are. :?

Pat

soderman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by soderman »

Thank you for answer Pat.

By searching on the serial I have found out that my over engine is from 1969. So at the moment it looks like im going to replace it with the 2715.

Then I can do a restoration on the other and keep as a reserv.