Australian Trip

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Australian Trip

Post by Brian »

Hi Chaps,

Just to let you know we are having a fantastic time here and yesterday I was steering Graham's Ford 2704 powered paddle boat on the Murray River with members of the Fordson Tractor Club of Australia on board. The grin on my face nearly broke it in half!!!!! :beer: :D

Pictures will follow, so far I have taken around 1000 and we still have a lot more of yhis trip to go.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Australian Trip

Post by oehrick »

uɐᴉɹq
˙ǝɔɹoℲ ǝnlq puɐ uoᴉʇɐᴉɔoss∀ uospɹoℲ puɐ pɹoℲ 'ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɟo qnlƆ ɹoʇɔɐɹ┴ uospɹoℲ :oʇ pǝʞuᴉl ʎllɐᴉɔᴉɟɟo ʍou 'sǝƃɐԀ ɹoʇɔɐɹ┴ uospɹoℲ
˙oƃ oʇ dᴉɹʇ sᴉɥʎ ɟo ǝɹoɯ ʇol ɐ ǝʌɐɥ llᴉʇs ǝʍ puɐ 000Ɩ punoɹɐ uǝʞɐʇ ǝʌɐɥ I ɹɐɟ os 'ʍolloɟ llᴉʍ sǝɹnʇɔᴉԀ

p: :ɹǝǝq: ¡¡¡¡¡ɟlɐɥ uᴉ ʇᴉ ǝʞoɹq ʎlɹɐǝu ǝɔɐɟ ʎɯ uo uᴉɹƃ ǝɥ┴ ˙pɹɐoq uo ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɟo qnlƆ ɹoʇɔɐɹ┴ uospɹoℲ ǝɥʇ ɟo sɹǝqɯǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ɹǝʌᴉɹ ʎɐɹɹnW ǝɥʇ uo ʇɐoq ǝlppɐd pǝɹǝʍod ㄣ0ㄥᄅ pɹoℲ s,ɯɐɥɐɹפ ƃuᴉɹǝǝʇs sɐʍ I ʎɐpɹǝʇsǝʎ puɐ ǝɹǝɥ ǝɯᴉʇ ɔᴉʇsɐʇuɐɟ ɐ ƃuᴉʌɐɥ ǝɹɐ ǝʍ ʍouʞ noʎ ʇǝl oʇ ʇsnſ

'sdɐɥƆ ᴉH
ɯɐ Ɩㄣ:ƖƖ ㄣƖ0ᄅ 'ƖƖ ʌoN ǝn┴ » uɐᴉɹq ʎqʇsod pɐǝɹu∩

dᴉɹ┴ uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

˙ǝɯᴉʇǝɯos sɔᴉd ɹnoʎ ƃuᴉǝǝs oʇ spɹɐʍɹoɟ ƃuᴉʞool puɐ ɹǝɥʇɐǝʍ pooƃ ou pǝssᴉɯ ǝʌ,noʎ 'ǝɯᴉʇ pooƃ ɐ ƃuᴉʌɐɥ ǝɹɐ uu∀ puɐ noʎ pɐlפ

(: uɐᴉɹq ǝʌᴉɹp ʇsǝʇ ʇɥƃᴉuɹǝʌo uɐ ɹoɟ uǝʞɐʇ ƃuᴉǝq ǝᴉzzᴉ˥ ƃᴉq ɹo ǝnlq pǝʇuᴉɐd ƃuᴉǝq suᴉɐlɹǝqɯɐɥƆ ɟo sʍǝu ɹoɟ ʇno ƃuᴉʞool uǝǝq ǝʌ,ǝM

ʎɐp,פ
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

Please, Brian, please!
Sort him out -- he doesn't have to send us posts just because we are down under.

Pavel

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

I'd better re-phrase that.
Ricky doesn't have to send us up-side-down posts because we are upside down under.

Pavel

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

You gone topsy turvy again Pavel - no wonder petrol majors are so rare down there, all the fuel would have run out of the carby before they got the off the ship :D :D .
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

True, Ricky, true. But we're very ingenious here -- we put extra lead in our petrol to insure it stayed where it was supposed to. Now with the advent of unleaded we use fuel injection and sealed tanks for both diesel and petrol. Works well.

Pavel

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

Great to read Ann and you have such a great time in Oz!
Looking forward to read toy stories and see the pictures....especially with the famous 8401. :)
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Thats sounds a tall story Pavel, especially from someone living in a land where to get a tractor to run properly you have to fit it with a specially designed upside down chimney stack :rofl: strange 'cos the Kiwi's and Sarf Merkins seem to get away without them - unless its one huge government conspiracy...........
:rulez:
I expect Brian will get to the bottom of it and fill us in on the detail when he gets back - is he still turning his screen round to get any emails or posts from here !

My old major did an interesting job yesterday, I had the roof cave in on my old workshop last snows and amongst the numerous things needing relocating to dry storage was an ancient Muir lathe, swings a foot and takes 6' between centres - having stripped it (and being without foreloader) a 'contraption' was lashed up on the 3pl to extract and transport the bed to new accomodation after it had been separated from its legs. 1st in bottom box on tickover, in reverse got the job done but as I was on my own no picture. Between them combined (lathe & tractor) is 200 to 250 years of cast iron.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

For a time, Brian is the man from the land down under. Hope all is well and you stay on the bottom of the water. :wink: Dandy Dave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

That's why we started to use EGR systems -- more power and good for the environment.
Seriously, Rick, any idea why it happens? Even had one of Henks posts upside down. Never happened before recent weeks.

Pavel

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Pavel wrote:That's why we started to use EGR systems -- more power and good for the environment.
Seriously, Rick, any idea why it happens? Even had one of Henks posts upside down. Never happened before recent weeks.

Pavel
Hi Pavel
I heard these upside down posts have come about due to there being a load of cheap Australian key boards being shipped into Europe. Some guy called Brians in charge :wink: . Apparently the only catch with them is , the slight flaw in this production run, At random intervals nobody has any control over they start typing upside down :eyes: :run: . But have been re assured the mexican tech geek is working on the problem, and the next batch will be ok :D .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi Pavel

Robert may be right (not seen him wrong on Fordson stuff so far !) but I still think its down to someone from one hemisphere logging in from the opposite site of the equator with either the wrong or no hemishphere setting selected in utilities.

Doubt its isp related as its hit both Henk's and my posts and we are in different countries - It'll sort itself out in due course no doubt.

Thanks for the Land Downunder link DD, long time since I heard the song and not seen the vid before, highly entertaining :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Brian,

I meant to ask after your original posting, was the Ford PS a Roadless conversion ??

I've seen one or two over the years but they were relatively modern rebuilds using steam overtype portable engines for power, having seen what floats in the Murray I don't know if I'd want to feed it into a boiler, no doubt the old original boilers died of 'mud poisoning'
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Dandy Dave wrote:For a time, Brian is the man from the land down under. Hope all is well and you stay on the bottom of the water. :wink: Dandy Dave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

DD
That is a good song, but this is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4NuX0qWuY

and I'm a kiwi !!!!
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Whatever next, Kiwi's with nice things to say about Ozzies - I'll be handing in me Bigots Against Tolerance memberhip next :clap:

While your videos content is considerably better Kev, I must register my preference for DD's musical content as this both re-enforces the world image so carefully crafted over the years and is pretty chirpy :D
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

oehrick wrote:Whatever next, Kiwi's with nice things to say about Ozzies - I'll be handing in me Bigots Against Tolerance memberhip next :clap:

While your videos content is considerably better Kev, I must register my preference for DD's musical content as this both re-enforces the world image so carefully crafted over the years and is pretty chirpy :D

ah well, there is a saying 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"
each to our own I suppose. Life would be boring if we all liked the same (except Fordsons of course)

Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

G'day again chaps,

Please note, I type these on an English computer which automatically puts the words the right way up! :D Been out into the bush in a tent for a few days so no Internet or phones but have been flying in a single engined plane which was quite something over the mountains at Wilpena Pound. It is supposed to be hot and sunny but we had torrential rain.

Now we are in Adelaide before heading back to Victoria.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I'll bet the rain is at least warmer than back up here Brian :) Dew yew waatch owt fa them there dingos if yer tentin !

Sounds like you are seeing the sights from some altitude - was the single engine a Fordson ??? - before you get a taste for it make sure you have enough length on the 'strip' back home to get off before the bypass :P

Pavel, A rogue Pom Pooter loose in Aus may explain the recent problems :eyes:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

I can't help thinking, Ricky, that Brian is akin to the wizard in the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- whilst he's away some things went a bit haywire. Now he's back on-line all is serene again.
I do envy him his flight over Wilpena and the rugged bush hills around it though. I've only had a limited 4 wheel drive in the area. It does seem that the rain is following him around as even Victoria is showing up as wet. Yet a few 100 kays north in NSW they are having bush fires and 40C temps.

Pavel

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

We may never know the precise cause Pavel, although I'm impressed that forbidden subjects don't get dragged out and discussed as soon as a key admin goes walkabout :D

I suspect the ATB tag Poms on arrival so they can arrange for rain to follow them, this way they don't get any daft ideas like emigrating !

Well off the few parts of your vast country that I've been to, although the satelite pic of the Flinders Range I've just looked at did remind me of the skin texture of one of the surfing girls who worked at the prawn factory in Tweed Heads which I spent a few months at......... TIG welding is too much u/v for me never mind sun bathing :beer:

ʞɔᴉɹ
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hey Kev,

I had a reasonable connection tonight so I've been having a look round Norfolk Island on Google Satelite, Nice place for a round island tractor run :mrgreen:

Thought I might see where you run the Major around but I can't see any oily trails :shock: don't 'upside down' Fordsons leak ??

More seriously, seeing the size of the island, was it used there originally or have you shipped it in ?

Rick
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Right you lot! Lets have some order around here! The boss is back!!!!

We got home last night after a pretty hectic trip involving three to four hours delay on the flight which dropped us and 3 cases plus 3 backpacks in the middle of the London rush hour :curse: That, and a case of falling down an escalator backwards being pulled by a heavy case, plus the rearranged Kings Cross station which is designed to train ( see the pun)? Olympic sprinters. They cannot tell you which platform a particular train leaves from until it enters the station, then you have 3 minutes to board before it leaves again! :stress: You have to watch the departure board, then dash for the train amidst hundreds of other commuters.

Our train for Norfolk was twelve coaches long and you have to be in the first four as the train splits at Royston and Cambridge, so you can imagine the dash to get to the front of the train, fully laden with said cases and backpacks. :curse: :help: Whilst we might have gained a bit of weight whilst Down Under we sure lost a lot catching that train!

Got back into the house by 9 pm yesterday after travelling around 30 hours with little sleep, but it was all worth it. I have around 2000 pictures some of which will be going up on the board within the next few days and we have had some wonderful adventures with our Aussie mates which I will chronicle as well.

Look out for a new "memory" about the early years of the "X" series Fords as well.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Welcome back to civilisation again Brian, so they let you out after all :shock:

Glad to see your post is the right way up, but for some reason I can now smell sugar beet :eyes:

Have the Ozzie Ford & Fordson boys wound down their continent wide security opeartion now Pavel ?? :yikes:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Brian and Ann,

Good to read you had a nice trip. Good to hear both of you are save at home again.

looking forward to the pictures of course.

I'm now of working on my N, first day off for a long time today.

rgds
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Glad to hear you are both home safe. :D Hope you have some time to rest up being so close to Christmas and the New year. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major