Tractors resting in Peace or Pieces

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Tractors resting in Peace or Pieces

Post by Brian »

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Tractors resting in Peace or Pieces

Post by henk »

Very nice pictures.
Such a yard could never exist here at the coast of Holland. The salt water air would make them to rust piles.
I like those Ausi windows in the cabs.
I find the JD L tractor is a bit oad model. Seems no other tractor want to be near it.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

county654
True Blue

Post by county654 »

Realy nice,
over here in Germany it is not the salty air, but we have scrap metal recycling in the nearby steelindustrie for centuries. After WW2 all aroud some colletion businesses started collecting and buying old machinery and scrapmetal. That is the main reason, why many of those old glory tractors, cars and other items just disapeard from the farms. :(

God to see different industies in different countries gave the oportunity for those machines to survive :beer:
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I found them quite depressing places, most of the tractors here were owned by collectors who just got them and stood them in a field or barn and they were going to restore them one day. As most were only slightly younger than me they have a lot of rush jobs on their hands.

One man did nothing with the tractors but, if you wanted to buy one, it was always the one that was just about to be worked on, he would then remove bits like the cylinder head and leave it so it stood with the cylinders open to the weather.. I would not have missed visitng his yard but I came away quite depressed.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

I understand what you mean Brian, but thanks to one of those man in the area I have an underswing drawbar on my tractor. And Dies had a yard full of the rest because he cleaned it up.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I can name the ones from the states here, Not sure on the others. Sometimes it is time to keep a few that one works on and keeps to show and enjoy. Let the rest go to a good home. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major