Ford Tractors, The Golden Jubilee

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Ford Tractors, The Golden Jubilee

Post by Brian »

More Video oldies. This one is the sort that were used to reinforce the "Blue Injections" only this one is a US one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6rfM2A1eCg
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Ford Tractors, The Golden Jubilee

Post by oehrick »

I'd seen a chunk of that a few years back Brian be nice to see the whole lot.

I was more intrigued by this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rZehE3kVY as I'd not seen this model in any Ford related literature before, their own make or a bit of early badge engineering ? Could see it doing well in the wet fen and clay lands with its turn on a sixpence steering and hi grip tyres - I could also see an early Doe in the making if they loaded two to a railcar in icy conditions :eyes:

There were reports earlier in the day of a familiar hat and occupant (a lot further East than usual), gazing longingly at the serried ranks of grey menace and others of that ilk in blood & custard - any truth in it Brian ?? I had a couple of rounds but couldn't see anything - far less photogram it, remembering to bring camera I had neglected to bring charged batteries for same :curse:

(for the mystified I went to the Marsham show this afternoon where they had a special theme of Ferguson related machinery on display, quite eclipsed the few REAL tractors on display although true blue was holding its end up pretty well amongst the pullers, it still amazes me the torque and abuse you can subject a Major back end to without noticeable wear or damage)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes, we were there Rick and I met an old friend or perhaps should say an old flame but it came to nothing. :cry: Story and pictures to follow!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I have worked on my share of these NAA's. The early Rotary Vain hydraulic pump parts are obsolete, but the newer piston type pump interchanges. I have had ever bolt, nut, and screw out of those models at one time or another. Had one with a spun rod bearing a number of years ago and did a complete restoration for the customer. After he got it back he said it looked so nice he did not want to use it and get it dirty. :lol: The over head design engine was a lot better than the earlier flat head. Also, there is an upgrade plate to put on a spin on oil filter. Makes changing the oil easier. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

oehrick wrote:I'd seen a chunk of that a few years back Brian be nice to see the whole lot.

I was more intrigued by this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rZehE3kVY as I'd not seen this model in any Ford related literature before, their own make or a bit of early badge engineering ? Could see it doing well in the wet fen and clay lands with its turn on a sixpence steering and hi grip tyres - I could also see an early Doe in the making if they loaded two to a railcar in icy conditions :eyes:

There were reports earlier in the day of a familiar hat and occupant (a lot further East than usual), gazing longingly at the serried ranks of grey menace and others of that ilk in blood & custard - any truth in it Brian ?? I had a couple of rounds but couldn't see anything - far less photogram it, remembering to bring camera I had neglected to bring charged batteries for same :curse:

(for the mystified I went to the Marsham show this afternoon where they had a special theme of Ferguson related machinery on display, quite eclipsed the few REAL tractors on display although true blue was holding its end up pretty well amongst the pullers, it still amazes me the torque and abuse you can subject a Major back end to without noticeable wear or damage)
This Ford tractor had nothing to do with Henry Ford. Some of them were drove with reins like a horse. The brand was short lived, but before Henry Ford decided to build tractors, so he had to call his tractors something else, Thus the Fordson name was born. The car they are driving off in after marriage is an Oldsmobile. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Thats interesting Dave, I know HF1 failed to convince his board that Ford should build tractors so set up a seperate company.

Is it known where the filmed tractors made ?

They look 'interesting' to operate :scratchhead:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes