Paul Rackham Sale Results

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Paul Rackham Sale Results

Post by oehrick »

For those who like to follow sale results, I've just noticed the Recent Rackham (Norfolk UK) sale results are now on Cheffins website

http://www.cheffins.co.uk/saleresults/v ... erpage=200

Quite a few Ford & Fordsons sold !

Read and weep fellas (do we have any lady forum members ??)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Paul Rackham Sale Results

Post by oehrick »

Looks like I may have missed it yesterday but the former Hunday collection (either owned or housed by Paul Rackham) is due for sale in November, not much info here http://www.cheffins.co.uk/news/the-hund ... tion-1381- not much for the F & F collector probably but plenty of the grey menace :scratchhead:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

I did go to the sale hopeing to pick up an e27n but that made £ 4800 far more than I wanted to pay you can get 2 for that normally at cheffins so came home a bit disappointed

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Brian made a similar sort of prediction Chris - didn't stop him heading for Meddo :eyes:

Re the E27N, I've a friend who has had one since the 70's, (older restoration as they say) can't recall the year but electrics & hydraulics, when I saw him last year he sort of implied he might be thinking of parting with it, would you like me to enquire ?
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

It will be a great pity to see the Hunday Collection broken up, John Moffat spent many years collecting all the implements together. Mr Rackham has only had it a few years. He bought it saying he would not break it up, times change.

Still I suppose it must happen to all of us, at the Marsham Show one of my old colleagues had a lot of his books and manuals he had collected during his time at Wrights, up for sale. He rightly said that no-one would know what they were and what they were worth when he was no longer with us. Sad really as to some of us they can give so much pleasure. I took a rare "Confidential" Ford sales book to Meddo, Emiel and Pascal had a very happy half hour going through it and relating to the sales techniques that are still being taught today, nearly word for word, after 50 years. Some things never change.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I thought that when the Peepy Farm Stationaries were sold off Brian :( the tractors held together a bit longer but it seems that the days of affordaable museums are heading for the wide blue yonder, look at what Bressingham Strumpshaw & Sutton Mill have flogged off.

I predicted about 20 years back that of the Norfolk collections, only Thursford seemed to have a viable future ahead as its income does not consist of what its exhibits alone would attract in paying visitors, but what when John follows George ?

When a family ownership has handed over to a trust the 'trust'ees appear to be anything but! looking in from the outside. A friend had on loan to a local museum some unique literature, over a year ago he went to renew the loan agreement only to find they could not locate the items, worse than that they showed no concern and he and a former trustee followed up, with no success, a year later with the threat of court action still no signs of activity so action started and guess what - they magically re appeared ! go figure.

I've long worked on the basis that in the workshop and various states of storage there are three lifetimes worth of 'projects', then there's an auction............
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

oehrick wrote:Brian made a similar sort of prediction Chris - didn't stop him heading for Meddo :eyes:

Re the E27N, I've a friend who has had one since the 70's, (older restoration as they say) can't recall the year but electrics & hydraulics, when I saw him last year he sort of implied he might be thinking of parting with it, would you like me to enquire ?
That would be good Rick if you could do that

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Any of you want a genuine Allis Chalmers B for that price? I have one out in the back 40. Dandy Dave.
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major