Major Service Meter on Ebay

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Major Service Meter on Ebay

Post by oehrick »

No connection but this is the first one I've seen for sale for a long while - in case anyone is after such an item and has long pockets !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Major ... SwxcRW99I1
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Major Service Meter on Ebay

Post by Brian »

That is more than I paid for Henrietta!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

We live in a looney world Brian :scratchhead: but as they seem thin on the ground thought it was worth highlighting. in case any of our far flung friends were in dire need and had a lottery win.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

county654
True Blue

Post by county654 »

I have got one of those lying in the shop :D
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

It was back again the other day and got to £15.00 before being withdrawn as "not reaching reserve".
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Ah, one of those eh.

Must be that honest pension fund manager I'd heard rumours of trying to get his clients assets back by selling high :stress:

Conversely, I've just watched in amazement as a couple of folk bid themselves up on a set of Hayter blades (that I was after) which went for well over the buy it now price from several shops - I bought it then ! - My lad Ben has picked up a part time job cutting the grass around our church and graveyard so I bought an old Hayterette last week as some of it is a bit rough, nice condition, changed oil and the air filter, the blades will sharpen up but it cuts pretty well without, just bludgeoning its way through with 5 HP of B&S 4 stroke hardly raising a sweat, I queried with someone recently why mowers suddenly seemed to have bigger engines than before, apparently a big engine running slowly keeps below the noise limits whereas a 2 stroke doing a million RPM costs serious money to silence adequately, now thats what I call eco friendly :scratchhead:

Anyone intending to buy any of Dick Joices former treasures from the Bygones collection at Cheffins on the 16th ?? some nice steam engines included but I've just bought a mower..............
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure