Very quiet forum?

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
sandymac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Very quiet forum?

Post by sandymac »

Hi all. as you may be aware i have not been on the forum much for a few years, But i have noticed how much less used the forum seems to be now as opposed to say 5 years ago ?
Am i correct in thinking this? or am i wrong?

Cheers Sandy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Very quiet forum?

Post by Brian »

Think we have repaired all the tractors out there Sandy. :D

The forum membership has changed and a lot of the "oldies" have other things to take up their time but I am still in contact with most of them. Time and people move on and we do not seem to get the "general chat" we used to but it gets pretty hectic when we all meet up.

We also have to remember that to a lot of our members we are talking in a foreign language and that can be pretty hard when it comes down to practical issues but it amazes me and makes me quite ashamed that I do not have the language skills of our Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, German and even Filipino members.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

There are also a couple of facebook pages run by Alan Condie which are quite good for chats and sales and wants. These seem quite busy.

But being facebook these are blogs and somewhat disorganised, so finding info is tedious, but OK for quick questions etc. Also posting pics on facebook is easier.

Also suspect facebook is more suited to iphones etc?

Perhaps we need an 'App'.... ??
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

I will try my best to liven things up - or probably, bore you all :cry:

My DNA is mainly Ford, with some Ferguson/MF and a bit of Leyland - but I'll try not to mention those too much :D

For example, this has been one of the highlights of the year for me - BA Working Weekend, at Lyne of Skene, Aberdeenshire; and the sound coming from this straight-pipe exhaust at full throttle, echoing off the trees, was just musical:
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.