The weekend film

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

The weekend film

Post by Brian »

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-nor ... 990s-1993/

Astley Farms and Dick Broughton feature in some of my "Memories", he was an excellent farm manager and a top man. I looked after the farms combines for many years and trained the workshop staff on servicing tractors and combines through the 1980'S and 90'S.

This site is worth exploring if you are into social history.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: The weekend film

Post by henk »

Hello Brian,

Is this because of the Brexit? :eyes: In Holland were not allowed to see the film. :cry:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

You can see it Henk but post BREXIT it will be pay per view, not free - we've got to recover some of those lost billions in EU handouts :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Hi Henk,

Do not know the answer, the link works fine for me, anyone else having problems?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I watched it OK direct from the link last night so not sure why you cannot see it, I know some of these video sites are zoned a little like the DVD 'region' restrictions but would be surprised if something like the BFI - British Film Institute - was, as they are not looking to sell you a copy.

Henk, what sort of device are you trying to view this film with ? I have just had a look at their help file and if something like a phone or Android is used an app or player needs to be downloaded - have a look here for details http://player.bfi.org.uk/help-and-support/faqs or if not try http://player.bfi.org.uk

Hope it helps as it is a nice film, most of the people are probably no longer with us but one enterprising young farmer still is and does a weekly wildlife program on our local radio station.

Nice one Brian :D
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Dick died a few years ago now in his late 40's early 50's. The Brighams are still farming and still in the milk business. Very strange when you see the !990's on a history film. It was only yesterday was it not? :run:
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

It tells me this video is not authorised fot this location (NL)
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

You are right Brian, I remember the 1990's as if they were :scratchhead: :scratchhead: ah perhaps I was asleep yesterday :wink:

I'm sorry Henk, I do not know what to suggest, I thought I'd get clever and find it on the East Anglian Film Archive site but it is not on there as far as I can see

Very strange - I'll see if there is any way of contacting the BFI to find out if this is deliberate
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

As with Henk, I'm informed that it is not authorised for this location [Au]. I'm intrigued as to why.

Pavel