A little help needed

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

A little help needed

Post by Brian »

I have a Kuhn BAV1550 brush cutter that I have had for many years, it has done sterling work in the conservation wood I look after and on the field where I cut down flower stem, weeds etc.

Two years ago the Trustee of the Poor Land in Scarning asked me to trim an overgrown allotment. Half way across this allotment I found where some other allotment holder had thrown large lumps of stone and concrete blocks that had got grown over. This damaged the blades on the Kuhn which, although they are massive hunks of metal, they had worn down and bent all shapes. Although I have straightened them they are not the same shape as the original.

I cannot find a supplier of blades here in the UK. I know it is an old machine but just wondering if anyone over in Holland or even here in the UK knows of a supplier of Kuhn equipment that may stock or could order a pair of blades, retainers and bolt with locknuts.

John Deere may have taken over the agency over here but they do not really want to know.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: A little help needed

Post by oehrick »

Might be worth giving Nicholsons at Stalham a shout Brian, still family owned and pretty knowledgeable, in the Agro Parts anyway - they put me on to using Deutz combine blades on my Alien Scythes and supplying rivets from something else !

http://stalhameng.co.uk/contact/

Started by the Jimmy Nicholson of threshing books fame if you didn't know

Happy hunting
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

Looks like it's a recent, if not current, model: http://www.traktorpool.de/gebraucht/b-M ... /BAV+1550/ so any Kuhn dealer should have parts? In our area Ravenhill, they also have branches in Shropshire..

Or do any of these look similar? https://www.spaldings.co.uk/replacement ... pper-parts
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Thanks Rick, I know them fairly well, used to build control boxes for the Standen Vision and they were agents. Supply them with small components now and again.

Bob, no, none of those blades are like mine, we have a very good after market supplier in the town and they have nothing like them either. Mine are big, hunky lumps of bent steel. As you say they are still out there, think our Kuhn agent does not want to know such a small order. :cry:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Brian,

I'm afraid that I don't exactly understand what you need. Can you make some pictures of the parts? Then I'll ask our local Kuhn dealer.

Rgds Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... Z1pssKMENw

This shows the best picture of the knives Emiel, at least what they should look like.
Brian