Vandalism

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Vandalism

Post by Brian »

This weekend we have been subject to a mind-less vandal attack. Over the years, perhaps wrongly, I have sometimes left a tractor on our field under the hedge overnight or even for a few days if the weather has changed or we are using something like the potato harvester.

I was down the field on Thursday strimming around the fruit bushes before the winter and had left Nuffy as usual, under the hedge across the field hidden by the hedge and the trailer, with the Rotovator on the back ready to cultivate another large allotment.

Ann and I went down Friday afternoon about 4pm to pick some runner beans for some friends and as we pulled up next to the bean row we could hear the roar of a machine, initially we thought, our neighbor baling in the next field with his big Massey, on further investigation Ann said "That's Nuffy". Sure enough when I got out and walked over to her she was running just about flat out. Someone had taken her out of gear, jumped the starter, opened the throttle and just left her.She had been running flat out for around 25 hours. She had a tank full of diesel which was all used up by the time we stopped her, she had full oil pressure and had not overheated so we got away lightly. Whoever did this also went through the pumpkin patch kicking over plants and using the growing pumpkins as footballs. They also stole an iron bar, pointed at one end and a knob at the other used for making holes when we plant leeks and cabbages.

This sort of thing I cannot understand, it must have been someone with a bit of knowledge to take the tractor out of gear and the wires off the starter to jump it. If they had wanted to steal her I could understand it but to just leave her running, I suppose, to see it blow up or seize up beggars belief.

Rant over and, yes, they are all safely in my yard now.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Vandalism

Post by henk »

Somethings can not be understand. :curse:
At least you have proven to have a real quality tractor. :clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Need your pointed bar jammed up their wossnames blunt end first Brian :curse: :curse:

I don't understand it, neither did I when I was younger. :scratchhead:

Fuel waste, wear and your & Anns vascular systems apart I'm glad Nuffy suffered no ill effects - needs one of those decoy car jobs and the Militant Wing of AVMEC to kick the effluent out of the miscreants when caught.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Thats one of those times when you would wish that the vandal ended up electrocuting himself to death while jumping the starter :evil:

or...

follow Jeremy Clarkson's advice; find them, and, CUBE THEIR HEADS!!!

Oh yes, I remembered.sometimes some farmers round here chain their dogs, especially the big, frightening ones, on their tractor so that no kids could get near to them and mess up with the tractor. Just for info, some of the kids round here could be quite destructive at times when they're playing on a tractor, like removing the dipstick and filling the hole with water, or fooling around with the tire valves so that you wake up one morning to use the tractor only to find out that two of your front tires were flat.