Freezing Fog

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Freezing Fog

Post by JC »

The high temperature hasn't been above freezing, here, for about a week and its been foggy the whole time.

It makes a nice picture, but I'm ready for some warm sun again!

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

We've had that kind of weather here as well on occasion. Like you said, it makes me long for some sunshine even though it looks pretty.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Must say I like the winter and the cold. I find it easier to keep warm than keep cool. I also love the scenes but don't know how I could cope with the -30 and -40 temperatures I read about.

I visited the Rai Show in Amsterdam many years ago now but I remember walking down the streets and coming to a bridge over the canal. I was wearing a heavy coat that reached my knees but as I crossed the bridge, it felt like someone was cutting my legs off with the wind. I then realised why everyone was wearing ankle length heavy wool coats.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

JC

Post by JC »

What a difference a couple of days makes!

The thermometer was in the sun, but it was about 50F (10C) in the shade.

I can't say that I share your love for the cold weather, Brian. I spent many winters logging and it was usually miserable. I work in a heated shop, now and I like it much better. I still have to go out in the field sometimes, but its usually only for a short time.