Help 2wanted for poor Ford 4000

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Help 2wanted for poor Ford 4000

Post by Brian »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/f ... rs/8445048

Can someone help save this poor tractor from drowning?

Sympathy to all our New Zealand friends who, like our Aussie mates have had a horrific year with the weather.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Re: Help 2wanted for poor Ford 4000

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Thanks Brian, Happy Easter to you from over here!
Thinking positively, the recent rains ended a long drought in North Canterbury region!

Here in Marlborough it has seriously affected the Sauvignon Blanc harvest as grapes don't like rain but fungus does...better stock up.

We have been treated to the bi-annual air show here, three Spitfires, Yaks, an Anson, Corsair, and the Peter Jackson WW1 collection all in the air (plus a lot more!)

Just across the way from the airshow is this:
https://www.marlboroughfarmingmuseum.nz/

Plenty to do. I am stripping down my finger-bar mower to clean and store before Uncle Winter Rust attacks it. Someone paid over $1000 for one the same recently....
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Help 2wanted for poor Ford 4000

Post by ford5000y »

My grandfather's Ford 4000 drowned in a flood back in 2009. The tractor's broken and they can't move it to higher ground because the only tractor they got at the moment is a small Japanese Iseki tractor that struggles to pull the bigger 4000 in level ground, let alone up a slope or a dike. So they have no choice but to leave it in its garage as the floodwaters rose very quickly until only a few inches of the exhaust pipe sticks out from the floodwaters. But as soon as the flood receded, it was pulled out of its muddy garage by two of those Iseki tractors with great difficulty. Then my grandfather took it to a mechanic to be repaired, towed by a Massey Ferguson 185 (Brian I don't think you would take that kindly).

The tractor came back on Christmas Eve that same year. I could still remember it running down the then-dirt road, as quick as ever :D

Oh! edit; It isn't a Ford 4000, its a 5000. There are 5 louvers on the bonnet, early 4000 of that style only had 4. I have seen the picture just now.