The Pub 2018

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

The Pub 2018

Post by oehrick »

Makes sense to start a new one :beer:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: The Pub 2018

Post by oehrick »

Has anybody 'ere seen Brian ??

As we've heard nothing from that intrepid traveller Brian for a while, I've had this growing concern that somewhere downunder, Ann is desperately fighting the system, trying to get one of those licences to export Heritage Items of National Importance so that she can get him home !

Well its not as daft as it sounds when you consider how few there are left able to give provenance on all those old Blueies down there sporting funny wheels and dubious coloured grills, needing a pedigree.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi oehrick.
I can vouch for the fact he was still alive and kicking a few days ago :D , I know where he hides and answers questions other than here :wink: . He posted recently about what an automatic clutch linkage a guy posted a picture of and didn't know what it was. I don't know where he was in the world though :| .
Take care
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi Robert, thanks & happy New Year

He's back home and busy catching up - didn't know about his moonlighting elsewhere though :wink: since I posted he was tempted out of hibernation by a petrol dexta posting!

How is winter treating you ? we've had little snow or frost but wind and rain by the trainload.

TTFN
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Not quite a Doe3D but I've just seen this unusual looking Super variant on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Supe ... SwcN1aVmfu

Looks similar to those lime green ex electricity network line pulling winches seen for sale a year or two back but judging by the carpet of moss on the back end, Balfour Beatty haven't needed this one for a while :)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

No need to worry, I am still going strong at the moment, just overwhelmed with work that everyone wants yesterday and you all have been doing such a good job there was nothing for me to do on here. Am trying to put together some Aus stories and some DVD's of Deniliquin for the Fordson Tractor Club of Australia.

As for The Other Place, (Yesterdays Tractors) I have been posting on there for nearly 20 years in fact, it was through YT that I met Oscar, Mark and the petrol Dexta, before this forum got formed. Some of my original stories were first published on there.

Would be good to meet up Rick, might be best if you could find your way over to here, Scarning, e-mail is bhe at btconnect.com and that gets looked at tree or four times a day as it is also my work address. we will again be at East of England but that is at the end of April.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi Brian,

I found some of your service days writings when I stumbled on yesterdays tractors a few weeks ago, thoroughly enjoyed them and hope 'the book' will feature the same or similar !

Sounds like a busy year ahead for you, catching up is bad enough without the turning of Fordson Centenary Year in Aus into words pics & music :yikes:

Probably see you at the East of England & hatch something up then.

Non temp controlled irons and solder just oozing with lead (along with operator) available her if you start drowning :wink:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hope it hasn't been too hot to solder today Brian :(

(for those who do not stream Radio Norfolk, they reported a major farm building fire in Brian's village this afternoon)

Just the job for one of those big Bunnings slurry trailers full of water and a fire pump on Nuffy's PTO...................
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes it was one of my neighbors who lives opposite but his farm is about a mile away, have not heard anything today but hope it was not the pig shed that went up. rather exciting yesterday afternoon what with all 15 fire engines racing around the corner opposite.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

They did mention the name of the farm so I knew it was not you & Ann - not nice but hopefully no loss of life.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Well it is April 1st (just) this came through on another list and I nearly binned it, glad I didn't as its provided a good laugh, nothing Fordson specific but several that might be adapted.................

http://kk.org/cooltools/hazard-fraught-tools/
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I once got my ear dinged by my old mate Jack when I first started work. He sent me to the stores for a rubber hammer but being a clever little ...... I refused to go!

After receiving a thick ear and a severe rant, I came to the conclusion there possibly was such a thing. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Yes, mine was to go to Thornes in Exchange Street for a left handed glass cutter wheel - having been primed was well aware of what was going on so it took all afternoon, Bewlays for a nice slow tobacco selection session, then an hour browsing in Langleys model shop, a session amongst Jarrolds books then into Thornes who had obviously been phoned as they played their part well (as you would expect from Norwich's oldest business) not having the asked for item I asked innocently for the next best thing so was shown and selected a mid range (and still expensive!) diamond glass cutter against the old mans account and returned with it, he was absolutely furious but couldn't do anything and the rest of the lads had a really good laugh at his expense.

When I went back to school as a techie, teachers with an awkward pupil often used to send them to me to ask for a long stand or a good weight, always happy to oblige.

I've heard tell of new apprentice / new boy initiation tricks which were anything but amusing, often if the factory employed women who seem to have a nastier streak for such things...............
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

oehrick wrote:Well it is April 1st (just) this came through on another list and I nearly binned it, glad I didn't as its provided a good laugh, nothing Fordson specific but several that might be adapted.................

http://kk.org/cooltools/hazard-fraught-tools/
Hazard Fraught Tools
Make your life easier, by making you think seriously of hanging yourself on your ceiling

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: The Pub 2018: Reopened

Post by ford5000y »

Checking in after a long absence, I noticed that the "Pub" hasn't been "visited" since April, when the site closure news came. So I decided to "reopen" our general venue for, well, pretty much anything by, posting in it AFTER the "closure crisis" had passed, so that we could resume talking around random thing and so on once again. :D

Anyway, got to drive my grandfather's 1973 Ford 4000. hasn't seen a real rebuild/restoration job since he bought it. Review; still pulls like a train (an old derelict steam train), but could still take off from a standstill at 4th gear high range at idle, I think that's good, but the steering is UNBELIEVABLY Heavy!( needed some greasing up and replacement of the ancient ball joints, probably) I wonder how my grandfather(who, by the way, is in his 80s) could still drive it!!

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

Did you say, 'pretty much anything'?

Hard to tell if this is 'staged' - but it made me laugh anyway..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-JicDWlCI

:lol:
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Bloody hell! Talk about distracted driving!! :lol:

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

those sounds he makes at the end of his drive. :lol:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Possibly an IAM member ? (Institute of Advanced Morons, not the other one)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I see our Brian and Anne were mentioned in despatches aka the latest Ford & Fordson Mag - seems the judges thought they would like to take home Dotty rather than any other tractor at the East Anglian Tractor rally in April - well done :thumbs:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure