Lambourn cab heater

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Countryfox
Not Quite Blue Yet

Lambourn cab heater

Post by Countryfox »

Hi Does anyone have any information on what cab heaters were used in Lambourn Mark 5 or Mark 6 tractor safety cabs. Any information, diagrams or photos would be appreciated. Also the location where it could be fitted in the cab on a Fordson Dexta and MF 35 or equivalent. Thanks

Old Hywel
True Blue

Re: Lambourn cab heater

Post by Old Hywel »

There was certainly no standard heater fitted. People were tough in those days, and always carried a big coat.
That said, I did fit a heater to a seventies Leyland, possibly from an Austin Cambridge. It provided the occasional waft of warm air if the wind was favourable.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

You could also cover the sides to funnel hot air from the engine and radiator in to the cab, using plates a bit like the County Crawler ones.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Countryfox
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Countryfox »

Thank you both for your replies, though unable to see images. I know that the heater was not fitted as standard but I have Lambourn cab leaflets for the mark 5 and 6 that say this is an extra accessory which is suitable for the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta, Ford 2000-7000 and Massey Ferguson,T20, 35's 135up to 165, 175 & 178; however I have been unable to find anything out about the brand, size and type of heater that was fitted. Also where the heater was installed in the cab. I am wondering if this was export accessory, more common in Scandinavian countries.