Wheres Brian ??

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Sandy Mac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Wheres Brian ??

Post by Sandy Mac »

Have i missed something? I have not seen many posts by our resident expert Brian for some time ,is he ok ??

Sandy

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Sandy
He's away in Holland. If you look under Misc topics and "another trip" you'll see he's on holiday again.
Either that or he's gone to Canada to meet up with Rick (Meanderer). I'm surprised we have'nt heard from Rick yet. Maybe he's got alot of catching up to do first, or he's out buying that Dexta he wants.
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Today we are off to Giethorn and tomorrow its back to the boat via the Keukenhof Gardens. 8)And we are having a fantastic time!! :D Weather has been sunny and hot with only one day when it rained as we entered the cheese museum.By the time we left it was sunny and hot again. 8)
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

We have had an great day at Giethoorn, walking round the village and drinking coffee and onion soup! :oops: It a struggle to get into the clothes I bought with me!

We have been out sailing on the lake and through the village and nature reserve on an electric boat and have seen lots of wild life including buzzards, close too! All four of us have a slight tan from the sun and slight wind on the water.

Just a quick plug or the hotel, The Falcon at Franeker, the staff are so friendly and helpful, and the meals are to die for!!! We have had a choice of fish or meat each day on our inclusive bed, breakfast and evening meals and all have been superb. We went as far tonight as to get the chef to our table and personally thank him for all the wonderful food. If you are looking for a hotel in the area, then this is the one!!!! :D

I will post pictures of this trip when I get back to England on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

Brian,

Could you please stay over here. We need some good whether for about two weeks. :lol:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

We are now back home in England! The boat docked at 4 am and we were let off at 6.30 am. Thick fog all through the journy from Harwich to Scarning but as we pulled into the village, the sun came out and now it is scorching hot here.

Yesterday the Keukenhof was superb. We have now seen it three times and every time has been different. There are hundreds of tourists but because the gardens are so large you are never crowded and feel hurried or pushed about.

My "new" Rover has been a treat to drive with automatic transmission, cruise control and air conditioning! We averaged around 35 mpg throughout the whole trip of just over 1000 miles.

Will do a full writeup with pictures in the next couple of days.

PS. The Dexta is still for sale in Dontgen.

PPS Sorry Henk, its now going to "Rain until September" (song of the 1960's from Susan Maughan).
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear you had a great trip!! And we are definitely indebted to you for the good weather you brought us!

Oh, and.....

:needpics:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Oscar,
Lots of pictures to load up on my web site but Lycos sees to be slow to accept them and so does Photobucket. Still will keep trying.

Can we get support from the Dutch Tourist Board do you think? 8)
Brian