Where is "my" home these days??

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Where is "my" home these days??

Post by Meanderer »

G'day all,
I've finally come up for some air so I can log on here! :wink:
I did manage to view the board momentarily a couple of times over the past week without actually signing in.
I read the comment by Kiwi Kev suggesting Brian might have come here with me. Further to his comment, I can say, Yes, I had lots and lots of catching up to do but I definitely haven't had time to look for a pre-loved Dexta to call my own. (All in good time on that front)
Oh, and thanks to all who sent private emails of good wishes for this trip. I didn't have a chance to reply prior to leaving as the last week before leaving was extremely hectic and emotional. (refer blog)
Everything is going perfectly here. Maybe not so much the driving! I can't get used to left hand drive so I either drive in the middle of the road or on the sidewalk where it is safe! :rofl:
Just kidding of course, but you do have to keep your wits about you; and more so with age I think. It's been 11 years and I'm sure I'm less competent than I was then. (What an admission!) The main problem is when you turn at an intersection that you go the the correct side of the road then. It's very easy to make the mistake. I haven't, but I can feel the tendency is there. Of course it is not just the driving. It is very dangerous being a pedestrian too. Looking the correct way before stepping out onto a road is ULTRA important! That mistake is probably more easily made than any driving errors.
My wife has to work Fri, Sat and Sundays while I'm here so we still get plenty of time to do things like catching up with relatives and friends. I met my 4-1/2 year old granddaughter for the first time other day. *heart flutter*

She has a Newfoundland dog that weighs in at 73kg (160lb).

and meet Grandma too.

I have to wait until May 2nd (our wedding anniversary) to meet our Grandson aged 7 yrs.

It scares me when I look at the Board and see so many posts to catch up on. I might have to skip a lot once I get back to Aus or I'll have square eyes! In the meantime, I'm spending a lot of my time here looking at Houses and assessing what we want and where. Where is my home these days. My real estate is in Australia but my heart is here with my wife and grandkids. I believe home is where the heart is!
Hope you can follow us along this journey via my Blog.
Best wishes to all.
'
Regards,
Rick

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Rick
Good to hear that you are having a good time up over(not down under). We will follow you on your travels through the blog.
Don't forget, as if I have to tell you, but if I don't Oscar will :needpics:
Anzac day here today, and what a lovely day it is also.
Good Luck
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Thanx for checking in, Rick! All the best!!

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Hi guys,

Does anyone see the first two photos of Meandearer as a striking resemblance to a slightly slimmer version of the late Mike Reed (alias Frank Butcher) of Eastenders fame.

Regards,

BarryT

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Who's Mike Reed :scratchhead:
"Classic Contracting"

International 784 4WD

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Ric,
It seems you just keep plugging along. Glad to here you are doing great. Nice looking family! You might even find a Petrol Dexta there in Canada, if you do you will have to give it a boys name we already have a girl petrol, "Dotty."
Good to hear from you again.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Rick
I started writing this in the Dexta heading in reply to your latest post but then decided not to hijack that thread, so looked up your previous post.
Good to hear you're back in the land of OZ.
I read your blog a few times while you were away.
The question we all want to know is "did you buy a tractor while in Canada"
I see from your signiture that you're keen to get back to Canada to live. Nothing like having your family around you( a tractor IS part of your family)
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

International 784 4WD

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Hey Kev,

Naaaah I can't tell you that I even saw many tractors in my travels other than those in the dstance as we passed farms. Nor did I go looking to see what was available. MY focus was all about looking at houses and areas to settle. Next thing was catching up with family and friends I haven't seen in 11 years.
I certainly hope I can get a Dexta over there but that is going to depend on location, facilities and finances. If I can't own my own, I'll make friends with people that have, eh?
I can't wait to get back over there and settle. The heading of this thread explains exactly how I feel. "Homeless". I can't do anything until we have sold the farm here and the market is dead!
We found a few nice places that suited us and I feel like I really would like to settle in the area where my wife is. No way could I live in suburbia of the sprawling Greater Toronto. We went to stay at my stepson's rented apartment near the city and I cut the visit back to 2 days instead of 3. Couldn't get out quick enough!
Today is the 1st anniversary of my other stepsons near fatal work accident that confirmed our decision to move there.
'
Regards,
Rick

JC

Post by JC »

Rick,
I'm glad that you're back (not in OZ, on this board)! I hope that you'll be able to move home to Canada soon.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

G'Day Ric
Thought I'd give you the Aussie hello. I guess your glad to be back but not home. I hope for you that you can get things sorted and back where your heart is.
Mark
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer