Shameless self-promotion :-) --> new songs!

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Shameless self-promotion :-) --> new songs!

Post by Oscar »

Guys,

As some of you may know, I love playing the guitar and writing music. I've been playing the electric for a looooooong time, but since a year or so my focus has been to play solo instrumentals on the acoustic. I'm now at the stage where I want to take matters a bit more seriously, so I've opened a MySpace page and started to record some music as best as I can.

On my MySpace Page you'll find 3 songs, 2 of which I recorded this weekend and the 3rd is a bit older (an electric tune, a bit more rock 'n roll).

The first track, Red Earth, is my tribute to a country that I've always loved: Australia.

The second track, First Steps, is one of the first tunes I wrote on the acoustic. People love it when I play that tune for them, but it's very hard to capture in a recording. It's elusive. You need to be there, I guess. Anyway, I might re-record it at a later date but I need to step away from it for a while.

The third track, Been There, Done That is just an instrumental jam "from my earlier life" (hence the title) with a melodic central theme, it's nothing special and will eventually be replaced by something else. Much to my surprise, a lot of people seem to like it somehow.

If you guys found yourself in the mood for some pickin', then feel free to check it out.

Cheers!
Oscar

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Oh, Brian --> you might recognize the photo on the left of the MySpace page. It was taken near you on a clear Summer evening in Norfolk!

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Wonderful Oscar,

Sounds very professionally.
:clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Pulling off some cool notes there Oskar. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hi Oscar,
You have been practicing and it shows, I guess being away from your family stuck in a motel with only a guitar will do that for you.
I enjoyed all your tracks, great sound too!
What were you using for your sound tracks? Did you do all the instruments yourself? I liked the last one "Been there done that" that was pretty cool. And the Lavender was just acoustic only and it was really good too.
I only wish I could have been there to have added some rhythm with my Takemine. It sounds like you were picking your Taylor, great sound and great guitar. What kind of amp did you use? You need a California Blonde made by SWR, they are sweet!!
Once again that was some good pickin.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Hi Mark! Everything you hear on all the tunes is me. I used my Ayers FCO acoustic but did not use its piezo. I mic'd it with Rode NT1000 and Samson C02 condensers, straight into my Boss BR1200 digital workstation. Thanx for listening!! :-)

Regards, Oscar
ps I'm off for a week of r&r now.

patch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Red Earth

Post by patch »

COOL ! I really like that song the best.
Coincidentally, we have RED earth here in North Carolina, but it is like clay, best sweet potato ground they say. keep up the good work.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

roromac
True Blue

Post by roromac »

Oscar - I don't subscribe to MYSpace and can't find out how to play your music from your home page. Am I just being thick?
Rob

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

roromac wrote:Oscar - I don't subscribe to MYSpace and can't find out how to play your music from your home page. Am I just being thick?
Rob
Rob,
Just click on the 'my space page' link in Oscar's first post and you're there. Works for me. :wink:
Ben

roromac
True Blue

Post by roromac »

Abd this time it works fine. I've yet to listen properly though.
Rob