Earth to Barry T! Come in, BarryT!

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Earth to Barry T! Come in, BarryT!

Post by Oscar »

Hiya Barry!

A curious request, but could you post one or two recent photos of Ol' Blue? I'd love to see what she looks like these days :).

Thanks & regards,
Oscar

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Hi Oscar,

Been away from the computer a while so lost touch a bit. I will certainly post a few photos of Ol blue in the next few days. Had her at the first of our vintage shows over the weekend, done a bit more work on her for this year's shows, a new set of rear tyres, repairs to one rear wheel rim, paint touch up and a full paint job on both rear wheels, she looks a treat.

Regards,

BarryT

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Can't wait to see her again, Barry! She must be a beaut!

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Al-RIGHT! Some photos Barry sent me! It's hard to believe this is the same Dexta that I rescued from the nettles so many years ago. She looks stunning.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Amazing work, Barry! I'm so glad she ended up with you!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

SWEEEEEET. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Not only a nice tractor but also a nice background.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

henk wrote:Not only a nice tractor but also a nice background.
Yes, indeed! I visited Barry a few years ago and he lives in one of the most beautiful places in Britain!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

What year is she?
Was she originally exported to Holland?
All the best,
Ben

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

whowww what a landscape and a nice Dexta, whe must visit britain some times with the tractors.......
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Hi,

Thanks guys for your nice comments on the tractor and background, Oscar has informed me that he is likely to call on us again in the not too distant future, he likes to drive the Dexta up and down the lane, I look forward to that very much.

Frans, how nice it would be if we could all meet somewhere with our tractors, who knows one day!!

Ben, the Dexta is a 1960 but I cannot be sure if she was exported to Holland new all I know of it's history is that Oscar rescued her from a breakers yard in Holland and restored her to a very sweet running tractor, all I have done since is cosmetic to get her to this condition.

I have been meaning to ask Oscar if he can find out a bit more of her history, Oscar is that a possibility??

Regards,

BarryT

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

BarryT wrote:I have been meaning to ask Oscar if he can find out a bit more of her history, Oscar is that a possibility??
I'm afraid not :( . I found her in the yard of a big Fendt dealer, overgrown with nettles. She'd been there quite some time. The guy who sold her to me didn't know much about her history, except that she was traded in against a Fendt. It's most likely that she was exported to Holland right at the start, and spent her life working for one or more owners until she got traded in against that Fendt. Once I got her, I gradually restored her and about 8 yrs later she went back to Britain!

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Oscar,

It's a shame that we cannot find more about her history but it's not always possible in such circumstances. It's a good thing you went by the Fendt dealer that day, another blue saved from the brakers yard.

Regards,

Barry