Tractorpulling in The Netherlands

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Pascal
True Blue

Tractorpulling in The Netherlands

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Today I went to tractorpulling in Nieuw Vennep (close to the famous Keukenhof, that Brian visted lately) in The Netherlands.

I took quite some pictures of different brands. Here you will find the Fordsons/Fords. If you want any other brands (Deutz, Renault, International, Someca), just tell me.

Here two Dextas (the left one has a Rover V8!)

Of course an 6 cilinder (Power) Majors

A couple of Countys

This is an 250 hp Ford 7000! :D

An American Ford

Some of the newer tractors

And especially for Brian: two Nuffields :)

I am told, that the "strange" wheels of the first Nuffield are made that way by the owner for lossing weight (and drive in another class at tractorpulling).

I hope you like the pictures.
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Man, I don't think I'd want those V8 pipes pointing up my snout! :!:
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Thaqnks Pascal, Those Nuffys look exactly like mine! :oops:

The 9600 was built in Antwerp I beliive but will just have to check that. Certainly the engines were built at Basildon.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Kiwiland Dexta,

I agree with you.
But from meccanic-kind-of-view I think it's quite a challenge to get these 2 components in one tractor.

Hi Brian,

They were indeed made in Antwerp. I thought these were made for the US-market? Or am I wrong?
Here in The Netherlands they were not very popular, I believe.

I am always impressed by these "beasts" :) when I see them. But I think they are a bit too big to work with in most small places.
Best regards,
Pascal

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

At that time they were being sold all over.

The company I worked for at that time sold more than any other Ford dealer in England. We had one working on dry pea land with a two leg pan buster in about 24". The lugs were tearing off the tyres!!! Straight off the body of the tyre and whistling by the driver.

When she hit a hard patch the tyre squeezed out sideways on both sides and the rim came down on to the treads. The treads folded back under the tyre with the power and then flicked forward when as the tyre turned and the force tore them off. I have never in my life seen anything like it. Those tractors are really some beasts.

The engine is basically two 4000 Ford Force units joined together.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Great story, Brian, which really shows the power of the beasts!!

Which model do you think is best: 8000, 8600, 9000, 9600?
For example from the 1000-series, you told me at Meddo last year, that the Ford 4000 was your favorite.
Best regards,
Pascal

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello Pascal,

I like the 7810 the most, serveral farmers overhere are still using it (6 cyl) mark III.

the Other for the tractor pulling its not where they ment to be for.

I drove a 7050 as well but its much to big for on the road, as some constructors use it with a tipping truck.

still like the majors the best :P
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Of the big tractors my favorite was the 9600. I drove them all from the 8000 to the TW35, never did see much to shout about with that one but the 9600, with its chrome gear sticks and hydraulic levers was the ultimate "posers" machine.

I will look up some of my pictures and post them on another thread. I did start to write a story about the Big Beasts but have not got around to finishing it yet.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

I am really looking forward to your story and especially the pictures!! :D

Hi Frans,

I read, that the 7810 was one of the most popular Ford-models.
The 7050 was from the dealer, where I get some of my parts. It was a great machine; it even had it's own compressor to fill his tyres after the match.

I like Major-power too! :D

Best regards,
Pascal

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There is a lovely letter in this months "Classic Tractor" from David Pearson on the initial production of the 7810.

Rory, if you read this, any chance in using a couple of excerpts? Don't want to infringe your copyright.
Brian