Fordson Selene

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Banagher
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Selene

Post by Banagher »

Morning all.
Briefly,
Based in the west of Ireland.
I have a County Super 4 is great Condition
Diesel Major in need of work on the Steering and a new loom
Super Major Project with a Combine engine to be installed
And a Super Major selene that we are starting to strip.

Currently stripping a Fordson Super Major Conversion with a Manual 4wd axle with a Selene transfer box. The tractor is in poor condition with many issues to overcome. The tractor when purchased was on a backactor with a pto driven hydraulic pump. I had that removed prior to purchase as I had no use for it.

The strip down has started.
The Tin worm has destroyed all tin work. It will be replaced.
There is a query on the handbrake but we are reluctant to split the tractor is possible. Further testing may be wanted to avoid the task if at all possible
Exhaust Manifold to be replaced
Rad to be replaced
Fuel Pipes to be replaced
Electrical Loom to be replaced
Seat to be replaced
Steering Wheel to be replaced
No Hydraulic pump in backend. I have a spare but need the internal piping to get out of the backend.
I have to install a newer lift top as there were parts damaged on the existing.
Brakes are shot. Replacement Actuators and disks are on order.
Query Below
Back Axles are good with only some replacement grease nipples required.
Query Below

As part of research we have come across some "Tools" mentioned in the repair manuals that I was able to download from this website which have proven to be very very helpful and when combined with the Parts manual it is certainly easier to understand the parts and how they all fit. leading on from that I am interested in learning more about the following items.

The Repair manual mentions the use of a "Tool" to aid installing the Brake Actuators for example.
Has anyone on the a detail on what form the tool takes or a spec to follow? Can anyone help with the Spec of these items or possible purchase location of these items. I have a 2 Supermajors to work on and want to start on the correct foot.
Can anybody give detail on these other tools?
Axle Preload gauge T-4062?
Tool to remove Bearing T-4059
Tool for the brake Box CT-4063
Tool CT-6076 Section 4 Page 25

Any and all help would be appreciated
Jim

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Fordson Selene

Post by Billy26F5 »

You very rarely actually need the special tools for most jobs, they were mainly designed to allow dealers to undertake the quickest possible repair to reduce the time the tractor was out of action.The locating studs you can make yourself if you think you need them, pressing a bearing on can be done with any suitable spacer that will exert pressure on the cone itself (not the roller separator), the preload can be set by tightentng the clearance until you can turn the shaft freely but not spin it.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Banagher
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Banagher »

Thanks Sandy for your input.
Next question for viewers is this
The thrust washers on the brake/clutch cross shaft. The part parts numbers are
E1ADDN-2547
&
E27N-7508
Has anyone got a spec or am I going to far an just put in an ordinary washers??
Jim

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Can you post a pic of them? I don't know of anyone replacing them, but if you need to get some get good second hand ones as then you're sure they're right.
Sandy
ImageImageImage