My 6 cylinder major

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Straight 6
Not Quite Blue Yet

My 6 cylinder major

Post by Straight 6 »

https://youtu.be/m6AID-28qdY

Hello all newbie here, in all aspects
I always wanted to restore a tractor, so I decided to jump into the deep end, so last week I went to look at a super delta, decided not to buy that when I heard this starting up. It needs a lot of work but I'm hoping some kind members on here will help me get it ready for a road run next year, it needs a clutch and brakes to start and the steering is hit and miss

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: My 6 cylinder major

Post by mathias1 »

HI, Welcome!

Seems like you find a nice project to work on. On the first look it's a thames trader engine, which has around 95BHP.
As for the clutch, brakes and steering, these are all the standard fordson parts. So when you start on one of these jobs, you can start a topic in the fordson major section. Make some pictures and people will help you out.
As for the clutch: check if it's a double clutch or a single one. The single one is the one to go for a 6 pot conversion. Maybe you can swap this also.
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

Straight 6
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: My 6 cylinder major

Post by Straight 6 »

mathias1 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 pm
HI, Welcome!

Seems like you find a nice project to work on. On the first look it's a thames trader engine, which has around 95BHP.
As for the clutch, brakes and steering, these are all the standard fordson parts. So when you start on one of these jobs, you can start a topic in the fordson major section. Make some pictures and people will help you out.
As for the clutch: check if it's a double clutch or a single one. The single one is the one to go for a 6 pot conversion. Maybe you can swap this also.
Thanks @mathias1 hoping to become a active member, I could really use the help