Forest Tractor construction

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
aviator
True Blue

Forest Tractor construction

Post by aviator »

hi! I am Finnish old tractor enthusiast. Now the project is the year model of the Super Major -62 Construction of forestry. The tractor has stood for years in the woods because it had lost oil pressure and as a result, the crankshaft bearings had cut up. The link below can monitor the progress of the project. Shall always be there when I add photos.

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

Nice project, Good luck 8)
Another unfinished project

John-Paul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by John-Paul »

Hieno projekti!

Terveiset Etelä-karjalasta :D

J-P

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

That is the way I usually find an old tractor, abandoned in the forest. :wink: Looks like you have your work cut out with the motor problems. It will be worth it in the end though. At least the sheet metal looks good. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Dandy Dave wrote:That is the way I usually find an old tractor, abandoned in the forest. :wink: Looks like you have your work cut out with the motor problems. It will be worth it in the end though. At least the sheet metal looks good. :D Dandy Dave!
True. Most laborious projects are the old machine, but still very interesting :) . I added pictures of disassembled engine.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Number one rod needs to be turned on the crank, and number two looks a little ruff also. Did it spin number one bearing in the rod? Have you discovered why it lost oil pressure? Dissasemble the entire oil pump and look for trash in the bypass valve and seat. Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

I added a few more picture-engine landings.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Dandy Dave wrote:Number one rod needs to be turned on the crank, and number two looks a little ruff also. Did it spin number one bearing in the rod? Have you discovered why it lost oil pressure? Dissasemble the entire oil pump and look for trash in the bypass valve and seat. Dandy Dave!
Yes, the rod bearings had gone far to overlap. Oil pressure was also found lack of solution. Annual oil pump relief valve when the pump was not able to generate pressure. As a result, the bearing was damaged

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

I added pictures harvested from the engine and engine trials.

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

That was quick, Can you do mine :D

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

You must have had all the parts needed on the shelf and ready to go. Half the battle is getting the parts. Are you going to clean it up and paint it now, or just put it to work? :) Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

I added pictures accompany Major stern loaders.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Tiger wrote:That was quick, Can you do mine :D
Quite rapidly around the engine was not ready :) . I have started a project a little earlier, and I put the pictures of these first time at a fast pace as soon achieve real-time.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Dandy Dave wrote:You must have had all the parts needed on the shelf and ready to go. Half the battle is getting the parts. Are you going to clean it up and paint it now, or just put it to work? :) Dandy Dave!
Even before I made the decision that the dismantling of the engine change of the engine containing almost all the parts, so I bought them in advance. And machined crankshaft cover. So the engine came as the model year 2010 :) . Tractor to install new electricity yet, and I paint it, but not yet. Now, when the engine is in order, to match the tractor cabins, and build the external hydraulics. Speaking of painting, I am interested to paint a tractor-American colors. Ie the wheels, bow, bonnet, fuel tank and instrument panel of cream color. I have seen only pictures of a painting, so it would be nice to read opinions about it

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

A few pictures from the forest's future on the tractor cab.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Pictures from the back of the head of the tractor for dismantling.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Do you have more days that are cold, than warm where you are? Just wondering why you are installing the cab. Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Dandy Dave wrote:Do you have more days that are cold, than warm where you are? Just wondering why you are installing the cab. Dandy Dave!
He's from Finland(I'm from Sweden) and when it gets cold here it usually doesn't stop at "It's a wee bit cold today" but rather "Hell froze over"... A cab kind of protects you from both the forces of nature and in the event of a roll-over you won't be squashed... ;)
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Aft enclosure cleaned.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Than just about at that Foxen said. Although a few past year has been warmer than here in the south-west coast, so this has been a very cold time. Here in the south-west coast has been a -9 F, but now has only 3 F :) . When the cab yet equipped with a good heater, so it is fine to do forestry work

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Pulley flange of the site.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Cap edits.

aviator
True Blue

Post by aviator »

Ordination to the tractor cab.

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

Still a very nice project but Why would you want to put a cab on it. I like the look of them as they are :?

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Tiger wrote:Still a very nice project but Why would you want to put a cab on it. I like the look of them as they are :?
Read my post and his a couple of posts above...
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>