My County 954 Pictures

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
super6954
True Blue

My County 954 Pictures

Post by super6954 »

Hi Guys.
After a few years of lame excuses I' am going to try posting pictures on the forum :) .
These are the ones of my county I took last winter after I put the new tyres on. I have had it for a number of years and intend to do a full restoration at some point. I have all the wheel weights but removed them and the fluid ballast to fit the tyres. I paid $5000 for it plus the cost of other parts I' am collecting for it.
I found it in a wrecking yard in Grand view, Manitoba, I was just in time as if I had not bought it she was heading back to the U.K in a container.
There seem to be a few around this side of the pond but they don't seem to be around that much when I look in the U.K magazines we get sent over so is it a bit rare :?: .

I am sorry 2 of the pictures are too big but for some strange reason they won't re size like the others did. I guess i got this far on a first go, So a huge big Thank you to Brian for your help :D . And things will get better with practice I hope :wink:
Regards Robert

A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Re: My County 954 Pictures

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Nice looking tractor, Super6954, I wish we had some of them over here. :cry: Looks like it needs a shed rather than left outside in the snow. :mrgreen: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

That's a pretty good first try at posting pictures, Robert. Way better than the first time I tried it. Most people try to post pics that are too big, but yours are just a hair small for my four eyes :) If you're using the Photobucket re-sizer, 640x480 is just about right.

That's a nice County. Its in a lot better shape than my 1164. How long have you had it?

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

JC wrote:That's a pretty good first try at posting pictures, Robert. Way better than the first time I tried it. Most people try to post pics that are too big, but yours are just a hair small for my four eyes :) If you're using the Photobucket re-sizer, 640x480 is just about right.

That's a nice County. Its in a lot better shape than my 1164. How long have you had it?
Thanks for your tip on the photo size I'll try that next time I just wanted to play carefull and not annoy half the people on here with pictures that are too big. :wink:
To be honest I have so many tractors I don't really remember when it joined the fleet I think it's around 5 or 6 years :).
The Swanndri Guy wrote:Nice looking tractor, Super6954, I wish we had some of them over here. :cry: Looks like it needs a shed rather than left outside in the snow. :mrgreen: TSG.
Yes she's a usefull Tractor Maybe you do have some in your country they got shipped worldwide. It may just take a while to find them as lots seem to end there day in the bush.
Our winter climate is not to bad on things as it's dry until the thaw. Our biggest problem is the sun. paint will fade as it dries here :lol: When I restore it she will be shedded but with around 13 tractors I need a huge shed to put them all in right now. I'm just working on getting them all complete and running at the moment. If I live long enough I want something to do in 33 years time when I retire :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Miles »

Hi Robert...

I have a 954 as well and not too far away...

Regards