County Emblems

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

County Emblems

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Does anyone know what the County Four and Six had for decals on the hoods,(Frode, this is the reason I was asking about your hood ) I’m not sure what ether had on the hood for decals and have yet to see one with anything other than the long chrome Super Major badge on the side. The new Super Majors over here were Blue and grey and had the Ford 5000 decal on the side of the hood, the early Supers had the long chrome badge.
I am lucky enough to have originals on my Super Major that I can have duplicated and as it and the County Four were built only a few months apart I am going to assume this is what it had as well. There was also a good size decal under the hood of the County that had been painted over and is not on my Super Major, I would have to assume it was a maintenance illustration/instruction from County.
So…..the Super six, the only decal I have ever seen is on a you tube video, with the engine running, but it looks to me that it is a decal from a newer Super Six as it has the long stripe/bar across the top and bottom (if I am remembering correctly) Has anyone seen anything other than the Super Six badge up front?

Pat

super6954
True Blue

Re: County Emblems

Post by super6954 »

Hi Pat
Im not sure on the decals for the county but are those the 5000 ones that you where talking about re producing :?:
I have one of these Tractors and the decals are so shot I cant get them copied when I restore it :cry:. Guys like Helms only have 4000 decals that style as the 5000 was not that common :( . I was kinda wondering if you got them done would you be interested in getting more sets and selling me 2 or 3 sets as my buddy needs some too up here in Canada :)
Have a great day :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Hi Robert, Yes, these are the ones I plan on having reproduced. I’ve worked with a local graphics company that does a real good job, they do a computer generated layout and use 3M brand vinyl (they do all of the graphics on our pumpkin cannons). It will be a dot matrix but you can’t tell unless you have REALLY good eyes. After we get the initial layout correct I can post their contact info and anyone can order them up. Im assuming the hardest part will be getting the colors correct.
I hope no one is in a hurry at the moment as I most likely will not have the time any more this month but should get at it before spring.

Pat

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

BearCreek Majors wrote:Hi Robert, Yes, these are the ones I plan on having reproduced. I’ve worked with a local graphics company that does a real good job, they do a computer generated layout and use 3M brand vinyl (they do all of the graphics on our pumpkin cannons). It will be a dot matrix but you can’t tell unless you have REALLY good eyes. After we get the initial layout correct I can post their contact info and anyone can order them up. Im assuming the hardest part will be getting the colors correct.
I hope no one is in a hurry at the moment as I most likely will not have the time any more this month but should get at it before spring.

Pat
Hi Pat
Thanks for the reply. That time frame would be no problem at all for the stickers I would just be happy to get them :D . if you want to get an idea of colour go to ebay and look on the Helms machinery store page for decals The 4000 ones in this style are listed with nice pictures. I was going to buy these and get the layout and colors from them :) . Then get the 4 altered to 5000 but the guys up here that do vinyl are only interested in big stuff like fleet trucks and company stuff, basically there way of saying can't be bothered with doing it :wink: .

I just looked in my Stuart Gibbard ford tractor conversions book at county super 6 tractors, It looks like the U.K ones had a long vinyl decal on the hood that says " County Super Six" and it is the shape of the blue orange super major cast side badges not the 5000 style but its a b/W picture so can tell the color of back ground or writing, from the pictures i have in the book there seems to be 2 styles of decal for the front badges as well. one seems to be a blue badge with county super at the top comimg down and a large 6 at the bottom. The other is "County 6 Super" and the 6 is kinda shaped like a squashed black pool ball.
I hope this info is some use to you and hopefully at some point we can get the 5000 ones sorted and get these 5000s back to original.
Have a great day :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

As far as I know, the only mention of County on the Super-4 was on the identity plate that said "Fordson Major equipped with County Four Wheel Drive".

It still said Super Major on the nosecone and had the gold and black "FORDSON" decal on the rear of the hood.

--
Frode
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Gold and black??? I don't think I've ever seen a gold and black one. doe's it have the 5000 on it as well?

Pat

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

BearCreek Majors wrote:Gold and black??? I don't think I've ever seen a gold and black one. doe's it have the 5000 on it as well?

Pat
Sorry, yellow and black. Its part #5340 at A....... :)
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

OK, I dident even realize they used those on the Super majors, I thought they were only used on the Dexta's.

learn somthing new every day!

Pat