new account

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dexta72
Not Quite Blue Yet

new account

Post by dexta72 »

Hi everyone this is just a quick note to say ive had to sign up to the forum again as earlier this year i had some problems with my laptop and i lost all my log in details so even tho my new username is dexta72 my old username is oldrocker72 and despite the best efforts of the admin team which i thank them for there help i was unable to rescue my old account but im happy with my new account and once i sort out loading pics up i got some new ones to put on here i will do anyway thats what happened to me hope everyone had a good xmas and new year cheers mark :beer:

Mark
True Blue

Re: new account

Post by Mark »

You ain't alone in this, it happened to me a long time ago.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Cvans
True Blue

Post by Cvans »

That's interesting as my old laptop died and I was able to sign on with the new one and had no trouble. Just did it this evening. :shock:
Maybe the Admins. were able to get the bugs out.
Chris

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

hi this does happen , this is my third for me and it is anoying as you start as from new an lose your blue statas
every time it happens :scratchhead: sky blue

dexta72
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dexta72 »

I agree with you as im now classed as a newbie and ive lost the bit of blue that i had but im hoping its not gonna happen again lol :clap: :beer:

dexta72
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dexta72 »

Well i cant believe i havent been on here since january but i have been busy working on a local arable farm driving a big john deere 7530 premium for them but thats come to an end and im still no further forward with restoring my dexta but sometimes life just runs away with you i had a plan of what i was gonna do but that went out the window when i got offered the tractor driving job and i still may not be doing anything yet as i maybe working working for another arable farmer until november should know by the end of today so if that happens the dexta will have to wait a bit longer but when i do get to restore it i hope i will do it justice but i have heard that the trend at the moment is to leave tractors in there unrestored condition and just make them look tidyish is that true or just something made up anyway hope everyone had a good summer and i will post the pics and that when i do finally get to start the restoration :clap:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

IMHO I would tidy them up and leave it at that. They sell better and you do not have all that money tied up in new wings, cowl, bonnet etc that probably do not fit anyway and are built of poor quality material compared to the original items. I am also against two pack paints as we have discussed many times before, because if you are restoring a tractor to look factory fresh, it should have pitting, folds and sags just like they did straight from the factory. :D :D

There are times when you have to replace parts due to rust or damage that cannot be corrected but it is a tractor afterall and not a Rolls Royce.

There is a NP Super Major advertised in "Classic Tractor" for £7000 + as fully restored, painted back to (supposedly) as it left the factory. The first glaring example of a none factory fitting is the exhaust pipe. :oops: :oops:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

dexta72
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dexta72 »

Hi brian
I was under the impression that if you want to re-reg with the dvla as i do then your tractor has to be in showroom condition other wise they wont look at it for you plus i need to change some of the body work as its for a super dexta and mines just a standard dexta so i thought i would restore it at the sametime anyway thats what im hoping to do with it as its not ever for sale as my daughter gets it when i go she made sure of that when i was talking about doing my will lol :beer: