e27n six speed transmission

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
benno510
Not Quite Blue Yet

e27n six speed transmission

Post by benno510 »

Hi all,

I'm Ben from Victoria, Aus. I'm new to the forum.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on Fordson E27N tractors fitted with a hi and low gearbox splitter which effectively transforms the E27N into a six speed tractor? My E27N is fitted with this option which bolts on in place of the belt pulley. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ben.

brockwood
True Blue

Re: e27n six speed transmission

Post by brockwood »

Hi ben what u have is most likley a maidrire overdrive the odd one about but so far i havent managed to coller one 25% increase allso avaiable as an underdrive 20% reduction this it was claimed could be fited in 8 hours by a competent mechanic it involved splitting the tractor and would fit any of the 4 boxs as it just goes in front . a rather poorpic i have shows the front gearbox plate with a double row of gears where the belt gear goes on which was why u lost the belt pully back in the day the family looked at it but needed the pully for the sawmill either didnt know or it came out later but they had a housing to to convert the pullly to a rear mount like a dexter one went reastently on ebay for not mutch another prob was that it alterd the pto but they also had a raised pto converter to go on the back they were all made by southcott limited of adelaide sa they had a lot of adds in the old power farming mags and also offered a lot of alternate gearsets for a hole range of tractors to give the desired plouging speeds for sa conditions .if any one out there has better pics or enginering drawings or is prepared to pull one down i think a lot my self included would be very intersted B
1x 23f 1x 34 blue n 1 x 44 green n e27/s x 8 3ooo/ 5000 slectospeed county 754 x1 ford k series truck

q4016lanz
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by q4016lanz »

H guys my father has a 6 speed 27N he lives near shepaton it's not for sale :D not a lot about :clap:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I am sure the owner will chip in soon, he is recovering from a two day party near Bendigo at the moment! :beer: :buddies:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

Hi guys, as luck would have it (or not :roll: ) I have acquired one of these tractors.

Its an e27n P6 and has this exact gearbox. I bought it as a none runner and im in the middle of overhauling the engine. The issue I have is, I have come to renew any seals in the gearbox before refitting the engine and once I removed the front plate from the high low portion, the bottom gearset is missing :shock:

A badly worn shaft is all that left with no gears. Does any one know of any available or any sizes/number of teeth as ill have to make one.

Thanks