Nov 24/2015: We're ba-ack!

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Nov 24/2015: We're ba-ack!

Post by Oscar »

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for the sudden disappearance of the forum! My apologies. In the background some upgrades were done on the MySQL database, which led to a compatibility issue with the PHP software. With the help of our hosting provider, we managed to upgrade the PHP version and fix a few issues in the database. After that, the forum came back online. Phew...

Best regards,
Oscar

peter2
True Blue

Re: Nov 24/2015: We're ba-ack!

Post by peter2 »

Hi Oscar,

while sending a post there was a php-message at the bottom of my browser window, but was to fast gone to read it completely. Maybe you'll have a look at that?

Peter
1963 Super Major

Daves rusty bits
True Blue

Post by Daves rusty bits »

No need to aplogise Oscar and the other admins. The temporary loss will remind us that it is the commitment and hard work of others, donated at no cost to us, that gives us all fantastic site. On behalf of the other members of the board Thank You, and its great to have you back. :clap: :clap: Dave
1960 Power Major, 1975 International 475 - well no ones perfect.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Couldn't have put it better myself, Dave.
Thank you Oscar, Brian and all the other members of the expert team who deliver this valuable resource at no cost to its users. :beer:
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

Johnmcm
True Blue

Post by Johnmcm »

Hear hear, too right. Great to have you back. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until you've lost it.
Thank you all.

Regards
John

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Hear! Hear! :clap:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I don't have much of a social life so greatly value the contact with like minded folk on here and a couple of other forums which have let me slip in under the radar :wink: Having run a non interactive website some years ago I can imagine the backroom work needed in general and particularly when things go wrong here, so thanks very much Oscar and all involved in keeping us connected, informed (and amused) :beer:

Rick in not quite freezing Norfolk
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Appreciated. Peter, I'll keep a look out for potential errors. Really fixing them might be beyond my skill level, but I'll do what I can.

Regards,
Oscar

OzRob
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by OzRob »

Hi
Thanks for the great information on the forum. I have the use of a Power Major that belongs to a neighbour - on the basis that if I got it going then I could use it. So far so good - the forum has come to my rescue several times, but I have never posted before.

Now I have a question. I did find a link to workshop manuals on the site last year - but now I can't find them. Could someone please let me know where they are now?

Many thanks