Fordson Dexta (vineyard) on ebay

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

Fordson Dexta (vineyard) on ebay

Post by spike »

Fordson Dexta (vineyard)
Here we have my 1964 rare vineyard Fordson Dexta up for grabs. Only about 500 made as far as i'm aware, mainly for export especially France with their grape vineyards.

I am reluctantly Selling as haven't got the time to restore it any more.

Easy project mechanically all good. Had new exhaust. Injectors. cylinder head overhaul with new valves.valve guides springs etc. Good engine block with no cracks, tin work is very good no rot holes apart from a small rust patch on nose cone easily repaired and a bit of rust in mudguard seams

Starts easy and runs very well. Tyre's all hold air and have a small amount of grip left on them but have perishing to inner sidewalls, still has the proper link arms on back and is fitted with a continental type hitch, all hydraulics work. pto works recently had it on a pulley driving a rock crusher and it run it effortlessly,
The engine is fitted with the later minimec injector pump

This tractor would make a nice addition to any Fordson tractor collection.viewing welcome by arrangement. Collection in person only and cash on collection. Please email for any more info.Pulley in pictures not part of sale.You are bidding to buy not haggle later

SkidRoe
True Blue
Location: Tetenhall Wood, UK (was Thorndale, Ontario, Canada)

Re: Fordson Dexta (vineyard) on ebay

Post by SkidRoe »

Do you have a link to this auction? Couldn't find it in a quick search of eBay.

Thanks - SR
Fordsons: 22 F, 36 N, 50 E27N, 60 FPM Past: 60 Dexta, 61 SM
Fords: 78 6700 Turbo, 81 TW30, 89 4610 4x4 w/ Frey ldr, 96 7740 SLE 4x4 Past: 72 4000 w/ Allied 660 ldr, 75 5200, 76 9600
Others: MH 30 & 44, Oliver Super 55, Bobcat 440b & 773

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi SR,

I went to the eBay UK site and found it for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Dexta ... SwUuFWvRkQ

EBay has a nasty habit of blocking foreign bidders and searches won't always show what is on auction. If the direct link doesn't work erase all your internet cookies so eBay doesn't know who you are and try again.

Regards, Frank.

P.S. Even if you find it eBay will probably stop you bidding based on location. Frustrates the heck out of me at times.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is a little "corker" and as stated, very rare. The front axle is so short it does not need radius rods!
Not many around, it may even have been modified in France. Be a shame if someone buys it and paints it, all it needs is a good coat of linseed oil.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I've never really liked the look of the Dexta, something 'wrong' in the proportions for me, especially the supers with their Neanderthal 'brow ridge', however this little beauty is just that, strange what strikes as right or wrong once our brains have had a chance to dissect the eyes signals :eyes:

What a shame its not in NZ and therefore worthy of a 50K starting price :mrgreen:

Right thats enough stirring here I'm off to upset the melodeon net forum members :run:

BTW I learned the territorial nature of ebay searching from melnet, Hohner button accordions, having been made in Germany for over a century, are pretty thick on the ground, (other than the petrol or vineyard dexta equivalent models - known as Preciosa or Liliput in case anyone has a spare!) but despite setting 'worldwide' as the search setting on UK ebay I was not seeing anything much secondhand until someone suggested I opened http://www.ebay.de (German ebay) and search there - loads seen, unfortunately the Geman users are not compelled like UK users to accept paypal payments and some do not care to ship to the UK for some reason. The same works with pre enjoyed smoking pipes but too many people collect them now so the poor old pipesmoker is left out :curse:

What does this have to do with tractors ? well a search on ebay.fr or ebay.ie might bring more secondhand stuff up from France, Ireland or wherever else local you try - just a thought :buddies:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There is always the Scarning/Holland assorted bits transport line you know Rick. Whole tractors or just split pins our speciality! :clap:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Which engine does it have?
Looks like it's nearly a Super dexta, mechanical pump, 1964!
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!