Muir Hill 14 B Dumper with rock body weight

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Willsy/Aus
Not Quite Blue Yet

Muir Hill 14 B Dumper with rock body weight

Post by Willsy/Aus »

Hi,
Can anybody tell me the weight of a Muir Hill 14B Dumper with a rock body & perkins P6 engine.
I need to transport it and I think it is too heavy for my truck. :?:
I cannot find any information regarding the specs on this item.
Thanks, Willsy.

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: Muir Hill 14 B Dumper with rock body weight

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Willsy,

I can't help much with the weight either and I am presuming this is a Fordson E27N based loader, but I have it on good authority that a standard E27N fitted with a P6 will go close to 3.5 ton. A big loader may add a couple of ton on that worst case, depending on how big the bucket is and how much ballast is fitted to the rear. I would expect 1 ton minimum.

If you are not too far from Macedon in Victoria my truck can carry 7 ton and I am happy to help out for the price of the fuel. Just PM me and we can have a chat about the details.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Willsy/Aus
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Willsy/Aus »

Frank,
Thanks for the offer for transport , I guess that it is about 5-6 tonne ,but I am hoping somebody out there has some specs regarding the weight of the Dumper.
My Isuzu can carry 4 tonne & is just a bit light to transport as I have to transport from north of the boarder back to south east of Melbourne.

Again, Thanks,

Willsy.

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Just a thought Willsy,

Is there any chance of taking the dumper tray off and shipping it in two parts? With luck it should only be four pins you have to knock out. Most likely easier said than done on an old piece of machinery, but worth a thought.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.