Fordson F Pistons Availbility

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson F Pistons Availbility

Post by 560Dennis »

OK ,I can't Find 4 inch model F Pistons and wrist pin s , I didn't think this was going to be a problem as popular was. But is is Any advice , I tried google sources searches. eBay and Craiglist

fordsonf25
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Fordson F Pistons Availbility

Post by fordsonf25 »

There should be plenty over your side of the pond, try source some over here :cry:
I think that is why there is the saying that you need at least 2 fordsons to make one good one. Might be worth contacting some of the F guru's on smok stak as they have 100's of parts. :wink:
My 1925 Fordson Blog http://www.fordsons.co.uk

560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 560Dennis »

further investigation

Measured the bore of my block about 1 inch down from deck , came up with a range 4.048 to 4.064 . So I would like to get a set of N model Pistons to put in it if available . Fit them to a rebored block

Both of my Defective Pistons had an od of 4.030. And 4.040 so finding any thing used that matches that is slim.

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Some time ago I acquired 8 dome top pistons I believe are semi finished Fordson Model F pistons. They can be machined to any over size that you require up to about 120 thou over. They are currently stored in the really hard to get to I will never use these storage area, but if your pistons are dome topped I will drag them out for further measurements etc. if you want.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 560Dennis »

I had a set of pistons made by Weisco in Mentor, Ohio out Aluminum billet . Very happy with the workmanship. :D