fitting a front loader

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
AlexB
Not Quite Blue Yet

fitting a front loader

Post by AlexB »

Hi all
As my quest for a front loader manual is failing, I wonder if someone could possible post or mail me some photos of how it fits together please?

This example, on ebay, is the one I havem although I don't apperar to have the front bar in the picture

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-supe ... SwGHJaf539

many thanks

russelm
True Blue

Re: fitting a front loader

Post by russelm »

The front bar is essential on the ones I have seen, it is this that bolts to the front of the tractor where the cross beam that supports the front axle attaches to the engine sump.

Then the arms bolt onto the ends of the beam
Mark Russell - 1959 Standard Dexta - Work In Progress!

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

This is on ebay just now although I'm not sure what it does.. I have the idea a MF135 has a mounting surface under the front axle with 4 or 5 bolt holes, although I have no idea about the Dexta? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-MIL- ... SwgQ9VrpgP
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

Johnmcm
True Blue

Post by Johnmcm »

Hi Alex, I believe it’s a later Horndraulic loader. The large belly bracket goes across the tractor roughly under the middle of the engine. Undo the bolts already there where the holes will align. The left and right main brackets then sit on top of the belly bracket held on with 3 bolts each side and the rear of these brackets bolt to the footplate brackets. The loader arms and rams are then just held on with pins

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Check this: this: https://youtu.be/vyxamnWR8MQ

The design is somewhat related to the loader frame on the major of my father in law, but adapted for a fergy style tractor.

The big support bolts to the plate between engine and clutch housing. The posts mount to that. The supports go back and are somehow fitted to the transmission housing with that round bar.

Rgds
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Old Hywel
True Blue

Post by Old Hywel »

The loader shown in the video linked to by Emiel (the yellow one) is a MIL loader. There’s another Gruffydd Hughes clip, again entitled Fordson Dexta and loader, showing a different tractor fitted with a blue Horndraulic loader.
Both makes use a crossmember bolted to the engine/box adaptor plate, with the Horndraulic frame extending rearwards to brackets on the back axle. Quite how the MIL attaches, I couldn’t say.

PS, several Dexta/loader videos on YouTube. Have a look at how they’re fitted.

AlexB
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by AlexB »

Thanks all
I have finally got it sussed how it fits together
Refurbished rams are now in my possession
Just need to find time and decent weather to put it all together. However, it is now so wet that any further weight on my land is going to end in getting stuck !